Internal Application: Project Coordinator / Associate Consultant
Consulting | Portland, OR | Full Time
At Pepper Foster Consulting, we specialize in helping our clients turn their ideas and concepts into transformative realities, and we exist to make a difference; for our clients, our people, and our community. Founded in 2015, our consultants have been trusted to advise, elaborate, and lead the strategy, analysis, and execution of a host of mission critical initiatives and projects. We serve a wide variety of locally based clients including Daimler, NWEA, Cambia, PGE, Davis Wright Tremaine, Papa Murphy’s International, and others. Pepper Foster’s projects have resulted in major new products, services and revenue streams, cost savings, substantial productivity improvements, and broad gains in customer experience, goodwill, revenue, margin, and market share.
To support our growth, we are hiring an Project Coordinator / Associate Consultant with demonstrated success and potential to make a difference for clients to join our team. In this role, you’ll work with our clients and Pepper Foster teammates to help coordinate, manage and execute projects, elaborate concepts and strategies, facilitate workshops and meetings, develop financial models and business cases, assess change readiness, and programs, and develop and document processes. With your strong capabilities and high level of integrity, you will build relationships based on trust and deliver on your promises. You’ll hit the ground running with Pepper Foster, using your talent and ability to learn new skills extremely rapidly, to quickly contribute in the delivery of solutions that really make a difference for our clients, teams, and community.
What We’ve Gotta Have
- Undergraduate or master’s degree
- 2-3 years professional work experience and/or internships
- Established yourself as a ‘safe pair of hands’ who can be trusted to get things done well with little or no oversight
- Track record of consistently performing well on complex projects and on multiple, concurrent projects
- Experience as a Project Coordinator and/or Project Manager
- Knowledge of Project Management principals, methodologies (preferably PMI), and tools, including MS Projects
- Respected and well-liked team member who can work with all levels within a company
- Desire to make a difference for your clients, team and community
- History of putting the needs of the others ahead of your own
What’d be Nice
- Startup and/or small company experience
- Already becoming known and respected as an excellent and trusted consultant
- PMP certification
Working for Pepper Foster Consulting
Our small, close-knit team is made up of consultants who are fun to work with, smart, emotionally mature, passionate, collaborative, and humble. They're committed to excellence, going above and beyond, and making a difference for their clients, teammates and community. We’re located in downtown Portland just blocks from the food carts, MAX, great shopping, and more. Pepper Foster offers a great compensation and benefits package, interesting work, and a strong company culture that drives our success.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume with a cover letter telling us why you’re interested in working for Pepper Foster in particular, and describe how you meet each of our posted requirements (and if applicable, our “nice to haves”).