Consulting | Portland, OR | Full Time
At Pepper Foster Consulting, we specialize in helping our clients turn their ideas and concepts into transformative realities, and we exist to make a difference - for our clients, our people, and our community. Founded in 2015, our consultants have been trusted to advise, elaborate, and lead the strategy, analysis, and execution of a host of mission-critical initiatives and projects. We serve a wide variety of locally based clients including Daimler, NWEA, PGE, Wacom, Papa Murphy’s, and others. Pepper Foster’s projects have resulted in major new products, services and revenue streams, cost savings, substantial productivity improvements, and broad gains in customer experience, goodwill, revenue, margin, and market share.
To support our growth, we are hiring an experienced Principal Consultant with demonstrated success in making a difference for their clients, generating revenue, and managing people. In this role, you’ll work with your clients and Pepper Foster teammates to elaborate concepts and strategies, develop financial models and business cases, plan, manage and execute projects and programs, manage and mentor teams of consultants and clients, identify, develop and sell project opportunities, manage key client accounts and relationships, and achieve transformational change. With your strong reputation based on trust and delivering on your promises, you’ll hit the ground running with Pepper Foster, using your established consulting, sales and leadership skills to deliver solutions that really make a difference for our clients, teams, and community.
What We’ve Gotta Have
- At least 10 years of consulting experience of which at least 5 years has been spent in senior consulting or consulting leadership roles within a large, well-known and reputable consulting firm
- Established trusted advisor relationships with the clients you serve, and maintained ongoing trusted advisor relationships with several past clients
- Respected and well-liked leader of people, teams, practices and complex consulting projects
- Track record of consistently selling, and successfully delivering, several million dollars of consulting projects annually
- Track record of making a difference for your clients, your teams and your community
- Thought leader and business strategist capable of seeing ahead
- Known, respected and liked within the local business community
- Track record of putting the needs of others ahead of your own
What’d be Nice
- Startup and/or small company experience
- Existing Rolodex of client relationships in Portland and Oregon
Working for Pepper Foster Consulting
Our small, close-knit team is made up of consultants who are fun to work with, smart, emotionally mature, passionate, collaborative, and humble. They're committed to excellence, going above and beyond, and making a difference for their clients, teammates, and community. We’re located in downtown Portland just blocks from the food carts, MAX, great shopping, and more. Pepper Foster offers a great compensation and benefits package, interesting work, and a strong company culture that drives our success.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume with a cover letter telling us why you’re interested in working for Pepper Foster in particular, and describe how you meet each of our posted requirements (and if applicable, our “nice to haves”).