Hopewell Center-Downtown St. Louis | St. Louis, MO | Full Time
Mentor your future!
SUMMARY: At ALM-Hopewell Center, the Peer Mentor is a person with a disability, who is responsible for assisting and empowering peer consumers by identifying a main concern, developing strength based independent living plans that includes a measurable goal and objectives, and carrying out the independent living plans with the peer consumers. The Peer Mentor helps fellow peers cultivate their independence, self-confidence, and self-esteem in a residential setting. The Peer Mentor empowers other people with disabilities to explore new options, resources, relationships, feelings, attitudes, and rights. The Peer Mentor is a companion, educator, advocate and friend to consumers. The age group that this position will be working with is 16-25 years.
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES:
- Inform Peer Consumers of available programs and services and assist in referrals to other agencies/community partners that will assist the consumer in meeting his/her goal of independent living
- Meet with consumers in their own homes, at designated offices and by phone as need to ensure continued consumer satisfaction and progress towards the independent living plan goal
- Ensure that consumers have full and unbiased access to a variety of services and service providers to meet their specific needs
- Assist Peer Consumer in carrying out each objective of the residential treatment plan
- Abide by 9 CSR 30-4.039 (13) providing services that are person centered and recovery focused
Person with a Mental Illness who has a strong desire for employment. Self starter who enjoys working independently.Views consumer needs as a high priority. Experience that demonstrates organization and planning abilities. Experience that demonstrates strong desire to help others.