Centralized Scheduling Scheduler I
People's Health Centers | St. Louis, MO | Full Time
Too often, underserved communities are preoccupied with the challenges and activities of daily living at the expense of focusing on family health maintenance and wellness issues. In response to these and other community concerns, People’s Family of Corporations has established “community support” corporations that have proved successful beyond its well-known Betty Jean Kerr People’s Health Centers.
While primary care community health services remain the foundation of our community efforts, People’s Family of Corporations also deploys the resources of our Mental Health Center (Amanda Luckett Murphy Hopewell Center) and our People’s Community Action Corporation (PCAC), to address the total needs of our underserved communities. Currently, our family of 501(c)3 corporations includes a 60 unit senior affordable housing residence, along with 18 multifamily apartments for families with disabilities, a Connective Services Corporation that houses the Social Security Administration Office adjacent to the Delmar site, and the Amanda Luckett Murphy Hopewell Behavioral Health Center.
- Under the supervision of the Centralized Scheduling Scheduler III and Scheduling & Intake Service Manager, is accountable for patient scheduling, preregistration and insurance verification for the scheduling department, determining initial appropriateness for direct physician and outside health organization contact with People's Family of CorporationHC’s Intake department, nurse or physician, and screening requests for information as needed and assigned under PHC guidelines.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year Call Center or Medical Assistant training or equivalent experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Telephone experience required.
- Testing requirements preferred.
- Working knowledge of hospital SMS scheduling preferred.
- Customer Service experience required