Quality Assurance / Software Test Engineer
Engineering | Athens, Greece, Greece | Full Time
PeoplePerHour.com is not for everyone. If you want a comfortable job, where you’re told exactly what to do, where there’s little or no change, no confrontation, where you don’t have responsibility or ownership then read no further.
We are a fast-growing global VC-backed business whose mission is to WOW our users by going above and beyond what they come to us for: to connect with others who can do their stuff. What gets us out of bed each day is making a difference to people’s lives by allowing them to find work in new and innovative ways. We only hire people who share that sense of purpose.
What we do
PeoplePerHour.com is a community marketplace that connects small businesses and freelancers across the globe. We allow work to be done and transacted in a safe and trusted environment and engage with one another in ways that make the journey as important as the result.
At PPH we are fanatical about our values. We have come from humble beginnings and realise that what got us this far is hard work, determination and strict adherence to our core values.
- Passion & energy: going above and beyond what others expect of us.
- Trust: inspiring trust in others through accountability, commitment & ownership. Seeing things through to completion
- Innovation: always questioning the status quo and embracing change.
- Teamwork: making an effort to bonding with the team like a family and communicate openly.
- Sense of urgency: doing more with less.
- Leadership: thinking about the next step and putting others first. Being proactive.
- Constant learning through observation, conversation and self-reflection.
- Putting the community first: getting under the skin of our users. Empathy is different to understanding.
- Having fun: being a bit wacky and individual.
- Always pushing higher and higher. Never give up.
We look for these in everyone we hire. If you are a superstar but don’t share these values you are not for us. Conversely if you are someone who doesn’t have the experience but you love punching above weight and going above and beyond in everything you do then we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a methodical, dedicated tester to join our product and development team, working closely with the product managers and SW developers to develop test plans and cases for new features and execute thorough testing to ensure high quality product. The ideal person will be very organised, with an excellent attention to detail and solid experience in testing web applications.
- Develop Test Plan and Test Cases for new product features to be introduced in close coordination with the product managers.
- Execute test cases (manually or automated) prior to launch.
- Define standards to be used in automated testing.
- To mentor and support other team members in automated systems testing. techniques, including training as required.
- Work closely with Customer Support to verify defects reported by customers and escalate/prioritize it based on severity.
- Ability to define test cases from functional requirements (mainly wireframes).
- Experience building/maintaining automated test case as part of regression test suite.
- Knowledge of LAMP technologies a plus.
- Prior experience of Load Testing and Database performance testing a plus.
- Significant experience/knowledge of web/mobile browsers and be an expert in cross browser/environment testing.
- Experience working in a scrum environment.
- Gkazi, Plateia Kerameikou, Athens.
We offer a very competitive package, depending on level of experience and the value we believe you can add to the business. You will have the opportunity to work in a motivating and multicultural environment as well as on a global scale project.
Applicants should send their CVs in English.