Product Manager - Remote (EMEA)
Product | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Product Manager- Remote (EMEA)
We are looking for a brilliant Product Manager to join our Product Team. This is a unique opportunity to join a flat organization, lead a multidisciplinary team, work closely with several teams and get all the support you need to make your impact in the freelance industry by developing new products and features.
PeoplePerHour is the UK’s leading freelance marketplace. Founded in 2007, our vibrant community has over 2m users across 150+ countries, and we have paid out in excess of £100m to freelancers.
We are a purpose-driven business. Everything we do stems from our desire to empower people worldwide to live their work dream, building their business from the ground up and becoming financially and professionally independent. PeoplePerHour is an invaluable resource for small businesses in the UK and outside, giving them access to expert freelance talent on-demand. So they can stay lean and flexible while growing.
We work tirelessly to improve our community; not one day is the same and we grab opportunities with both hands and go after it fast.
Fourteen years into our journey it still feels as if it’s day one. The freelance economy is still at its infancy. And we believe it will fundamentally change the way companies – large and small – work and think about the way they find and use talent. That is why we are reinvesting organic profits into breaking out into new sectors & segments. Our new product, TalentDesk.io, is the enterprise solution to manage their temporary and permanent workforce in a more efficient and cost-effective way.
The way we do things at PeoplePerHour
We cannot revolutionize the job space without first starting a revolution ourselves – internally! We are PeoplePerHour. We encourage all people around the world to live their work dream and achieve autonomy! And we are the first to champion it!
Our teams are small, empowered and autonomous. We allow teams to define the methodology desired and used. From Scrum to Kanban, as well as other practices such as test-driven methodologies and pair programming, you will be the one defining it and you will be the one guiding us towards it!
Joining PeoplePerHour, you will find great colleagues to assist you technically and psychologically to achieve your goals! Our environment enhances knowledge, friendliness, and excellence - even if it means spending a bit more time to achieve perfection!
We believe our product needs input from every source, so we encourage open expression, ideation, and participation in order to achieve great user experience in our product. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people and businesses work across the world.
We constantly use cutting edge technology and at the same time, we endorse experimentation. Our internal monitoring systems make sure all our experiments are performed in isolation so hey, go nuts!
This is an outline of our current tech:
- Our web app is in ReactJS using Redux and supported by NodeJS
- Our Back end is in PHP using Yii, Laravel, and Lumen
- We use ReactNative for our mobile app
- All our applications are dockerized
- Our servers work on Kubernetes - the master of the universe!
- We like microservices. It is our way to move from a legacy monolith to a Services Oriented Architecture and to modernise our stack
- We like serverless technologies even more
- We use databases of all sorts to suit our needs: MySQL, Aurora, ElasticSearch, Redis, DynamoDB.
- Data Science is our way to the future! Our projects run on Java and Python and also consume a number of third party tools!
- At least 3 years of relevant experience as a Product Manager
- Proven track record of identifying opportunities and transforming them into great products and features
- Proven track record of making an impact by employing experimentation methodologies (ie. A/B Testing) and developing and validating product hypotheses
- Proven experience with writing User Stories (Scrum framework)
- Strong ability to understand and interpret data
- Experience with Product Strategy (ie. OKRs) and Prioritisation (ie. RICE) frameworks
- Experience with UX Research methodologies (ie. Heatmaps, User Interviews etc) and Usability Testing
- Experience in wireframing
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks (ie. Scrum, Kanban etc)
- An outcome-driven and data-informed mindset
- Excellent communication and creative thinking skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Work with senior management to create product plans and roadmaps consistent with PeoplePerHour’s vision
- Coordinate with Engineering, Marketing and other teams in order to maximize your impact on PeoplePerHour’s growth
- Collect and analyze feedback from users, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and products
- Create User Stories for product requirements
- Create rollout plans and keep stakeholders updated on delivery dates
- Guide the team throughout the implementation and delivery process
- Test and sign off User Stories before they are deployed to production
- Develop and validate product hypotheses
- Continuously monitor product and feature performance, and suggest improvements
- Ensure your team and yourself are happy
- Competitive salary with an annual pay review
- Remote work
- EMEA remote
- Strong English communication skills needed
What should you do next?
If you feel this is the right role for you, please submit your CV.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, PeoplePerHour is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion