Product | Athens, Greece | Full Time
Are you ambitious, hungry and keen to begin a new chapter in your career? We are looking for a Product Manager.
PeoplePerHour is Europe’s leading online freelancing marketplace. We are revolutionaries debunking the archaic 9-to-5 work model. We are a purpose-driven business. Everything we do stems from our desire to empower people around the world to do what they love and live the dream of being independent, professionally and financially. With a vibrant community of more than 1M people, we connect talented experts with savvy businesses that search for the right skills to get the Job Done; quickly & cost-effectively. We work tirelessly to improve our community; not one day is the same and we grab opportunities with both hands and go after it fast.
Ten years into our journey it still feels as if it’s day one. The freelance economy is still at its infancy. And we believe it will fundamentally change the way companies - large and small – work and think about their HR function. That is why we are reinvesting organic profits into breaking out into new sectors & segments. Our newly launched product, Talentdesk.io, is the enterprise solution to manage temporary and permanent workforce in a more efficient and cost-effective way.
We have aggressive growth & innovation plans and we want you to be part of them!
Get to know us
You might have seen us in the news
Hear from our customers
See how we celebrate success
Our company culture matters more than anything to us. We want to hire people who share our core values. You will fit right in if you are someone who:
1. Loves Brutal Honesty
◦ Hates sugar-coating
◦ Hates pointing fingers
◦ Hates fluffing. Says it like it is with brutal honesty
2. Acts like an owner
◦ Doesn’t sit around waiting to be told what to do
◦ Is selfless: don’t just cover your own back. Always put yourself last
◦ Cares about the business and its overall success
◦ Picks garbage off the floor
3. Is Accountable
◦ Do what you say & commit to. Gets it done!
◦ Resourceful & scrappy. Doesn’t need handholding. Will find a way
◦ Goal orientated. Sets and hits targets
4. Constantly raises the bar
◦ Is curious and inquisitive. Always questioning: how can we do this better?
◦ Finds ways to improve the status quo
◦ Goes above and beyond what’s given to him/her
◦ Thinks outside the box and loves innovation
◦ Self-reflective and improves a little every day
5. Is a Team player
◦ Is a clear communicator. You care about whether the other person understood,
not just what they said
◦ Shows empathy: You care and don’t just throw the ball over the fence
◦ Makes an effort to gel and bond with the team
About the role
We are looking for a web enthusiast PM that will work amongst agile engineering teams in Athens to deliver product features that exceed users’ expectations. The PM will collaborate with the CTO in Athens to interpret product vision to engineering roadmaps. The right candidate should be able to elaborate users’ stories, manage sprint-level backlogs, provide real-time input to engineers and allow the team to balance short-term delivery goals with long-term product strategy.
What you will focus on:
- Work closely and effectively with a talented team of engineers and designers
- Gain a deep understanding of user experience, locate user pain points and offer solutions
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements, user stories, and wireframes
- Manage the product backlog in order to always be two development sprints ahead
- Measure the performance of new and existing product features by defining and tracking KPIs
Ideally, you’ll have:
- 2+ years’ experience with an agile software development team as a program or product manager
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience and working with stakeholders across many functions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and product feature specifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field / MBA or Master’s is a bonus
We are based in the bustling heart of Athens; Gkazi.
● We offer a very competitive package, depending on the level of experience and the value we believe you can add to the business
● Private Health Insurance Plan
● Continued learning
● Equipment of your desire as well as any tool to make your work life easier!
● Occasionally remote work
● You will have the opportunity to work in a motivating and multicultural environment as well as on a global scale project
What should you do next?
If you feel this is the right role for you, please submit your CV and cover letter.