Management | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
We are looking for an Operations leader who is multi-skilled, very detailed and understands how to scale an online business to take us through to the next level.
What we do
We are a Leading community marketplace that connects small businesses and freelancers across the globe. We allow work to be done and transacted in a safe and trusted environment and engage with one another in ways that make the journey as important as the result.
The Operations Director is a senior position that reports straight to the CEO. Your role will be to take on anything and everything operational: from scaling systems, process, writing policies and documentations, dealing with banks and other vendors, CRM, handling support enquiries that get escalated, helping with recruitment, help doing the groundwork to launch other countries and managing people issues. Your will in essence be the link between a 50-people team and the CEO.
This is a role that can grow into a Chief Operating Officer position. You must be driven, very thorough and detailed, a self-starter and most importantly someone who knows how to push things through to get them done.
We are looking for a seasoned professional with experience in the online space and preferably in marketplaces/ ecommerce. You must be someone who understands the dynamics of an online business, have dealt with technology and seen scaling issues in the past.
- Excellent analytical skills. Very numerical.
- Very detailed and thorough.
- Able to do a deep dive in almost any operational issue and solve complex problems.
- Excellent understanding of online technologies.
- Ability to put together a product specification.
- Excellent communicator: ability to explain requirements to a technical team.
- Understand fraud and online payment issues.
- Ability to manage a team and push things through to completion.
- Ability to hire and scale a team.
- Strong understanding of financials and ability to manage finances and planning.
- A good negotiator: able to liaise with and talk to 3rd party vendors and banks.
- A tonne of common sense and natural sense of urgency to push things through.
- Driven, disciplined and excellent at organising people and resources to get things done.
We’re not for everyone. If you want a comfortable job, where you’re told exactly what to do, where there’s little or no change, no confrontation, where you don’t have responsibility or ownership then read no further.
We are a fast-growing global VC-backed business whose mission is to WOW our users by going above and beyond what they come to us for: to connect with others who can do their stuff. What gets us out of bed each day is making a difference to people’s lives by allowing them to find work in new and innovative ways. We only hire people who share that sense of purpose.
we are fanatical about our values. We have come from humble beginnings and realise that what got us this far is hard work, determination and strict adherence to our core values.
- Passion & energy: going above and beyond what others expect of us.
- Trust: inspiring trust in others through accountability, commitment & ownership.
- Seeing things through to completion.
- Innovation: always questioning the status quo and embracing change.
- Teamwork: making an effort to bonding with the team like a family and communicate openly.
- Sense of urgency: doing more with less.
- Leadership: thinking about the next step and putting others first. Being proactive.
- Constant learning through observation, conversation and self-reflection.
- Putting the community first: getting under the skin of our users. Empathy is different to understanding.
- Having fun: being a bit wacky and individual.
Always pushing higher and higher. Never give up.
We look for these in everyone we hire. If you are a superstar but don’t share these values you are not for us.
Conversely if you are someone who doesn’t have the experience but you love punching above weight and going above and beyond in everything you do then we want to hear from you.