Marketing / PR | Athens, Greece | Full Time
Are you ambitious, hungry and keen to begin a new chapter in your career? We are looking for a Marketing Director to join our energetic and ambitious team in Athens.
PeoplePerHour is the UK’s leading freelance marketplace. Founded in 2007, our vibrant community has over 2m users across 150+ countries, and we have paid out in excess of £100m to freelancers.
We are a purpose-driven business. Everything we do stems from our desire to empower people worldwide to live their work dream, building their business from the ground up and becoming financially and professionally independent. PeoplePerHour is an invaluable resource for small businesses in the UK and outside, giving them access to expert freelance talent on-demand. So they can stay lean and flexible while growing.
We work tirelessly to improve our community; not one day is the same and we grab opportunities with both hands and go after it fast.
Get to know us in a snap
Hear from our customers directly
This is how we celebrate success: PeoplePerHour 10 year birthday party
Don’t miss out on our latest TV ad
Ten years into our journey it still feels as if it’s day one. The freelance economy is still at its infancy. And we believe it will fundamentally change the way companies – large and small – work and think about the way they find and use talent. That is why we are reinvesting organic profits into breaking out into new sectors & segments. Our newly launched product, TalentDesk.io, is the enterprise solution to manage their temporary and permanent workforce in a more efficient and cost-effective way.
The way we do things at PeoplePerHour
We cannot revolutionize the job space without first starting a revolution ourselves – internally! We are PeoplePerHour. We encourage all people around the world to live their work dream and achieve autonomy! And we are the first to champion it!
We seek our team members to have an explosive career path and progression and we have set up specific evolution steps to make sure we achieve it – together.
Our teams are small, empowered and autonomous. We allow teams to define the methodology desired and used. From Scrum to Kanban, as well as other practices such as test-driven methodologies and pair programming, you will be the one defining it and you will be the one guiding us towards it!
Joining PeoplePerHour, you will find great colleagues to assist you technically and psychologically to achieve your goals! Our environment enhances knowledge, friendliness, and excellence - even if it means spending a bit more time to achieve perfection!
We believe our product needs input from every source, so we encourage open expression, ideation, and participation in order to achieve great user experience in our product. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people and businesses work across the world.
Finally, we always give back. We encourage open source contribution and provide the time to achieve it. What comes around goes around...
We constantly use bleeding edge technology and at the same time, we endorse experimentation.
- We design in Sketch, we prototype in InVision and we A/B test frequently
- We test, iterate and phase our releases, reducing our time to market
- We design to an atomic methodology
- Our web service is ReactJS using Redux and NodeJS. Our mobile app is ReactNative
- Our data science team are paving the way to the future, uncovering insights and trends in our rich data
About the role
As the head of our marketing team, you’ll be responsible for agreeing and delivering our global marketing strategy. You will direct your team to boost awareness of PeoplePerHour and increase customer engagement, leading us into growth and expansion. You will own all aspects of our marketing from managing the content strategy to optimizing our online advertising across Google, Criteo, Taboola, and social media platforms.
To be successful in this role, you need to have a strong understanding of both digital and offline marketing and be dedicated to building and engaging our community. If you have the right combination of creative flair and an eye for performance and you want to impact real people’s lives, then this might be the right job for you!
What you will focus on
- Defining and implementing the overall marketing strategy
- Leading the marketing team to engage and grow our current community
- Analyzing customer insights, use competitor research and industry trends to create genuinely insightful and unique campaigns
- Championing our brand messaging internally and externally
- Challenging our SEO, PR and SEM agencies to perform effectively for us
- Increasing the current reach of our brand to new territories around the globe
- Analyzing, reviewing and reporting on the effectiveness of all marketing activity
Ideally, you’ll have:
- 5+ years of proven experience in leading marketing teams
- Experience in creating performance-led digital marketing strategies
- Experience and understanding of building brands
- Knowledge of promoting mobile apps effectively
- A natural sense for creative thinking
- Knowledge in creating SEO focused and link building content
And you’ll be:
- A passionate, creative and data-driven marketing leader
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
Bonus points if you have
- Experience of tech B2B marketing
- Deep understanding of SEM, SEO, and traditional marketing techniques (TV advertising, OOH)
A few of the many perks of joining the PeoplePerHour team:
- Competitive salary with an annual pay review
- Equity depending on the level of position - we are in this together right?
- Private health insurance
- Flexible work - freelancing is all about flexibility so we provide 1 day/week remote plus an allowance for 1 week remote prior to your holiday season. Being a long time since we felt that 3-week break from our routine
- Days off - We encourage breaks and freshness so we expect you to be with your loved ones on your birthday and name day! Oh and those important school days where you want to be with your children!
- Unlimited coffee for encouragement!
- Build your own profile and skills. We serve freelancers and we understand how vital constant learning and improvement is! We have several events and conferences in our calendar all paid for!
- Work with great colleagues of excellent caliber and ambition, they will teach you from writing high-quality code to getting that cappuccino foam just right!
What should you do next?
If you feel this is the right role for you, please submit your CV.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, PeoplePerHour is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion