Marketing Communications Specialist
Marketing / PR | New York, NY | Full Time
What we do
PeoplePerHour.com is a utility that allows small businesses to get their job done fast and reliably. We have a community online of Buyers & Sellers of any service imaginable to you, whom we bring together in an environment where they can transact across boundaries with trust.
Here are the things that characterize our culture and how we do things at PPH:
- Purpose first: we put our purpose and mission first and above all else. We remind ourselves every day that we serve a purpose higher than our own.
- Commitment: wanting to stay the mile and go through the journey. From our first 5 employees 4 still work in the company 4 years later. And the other left for health reasons.
- Passion: going above and beyond what others expect of us.
- Fighter: we believe in people who punch above weight and don’t give up at the first bump they hit. We have come a long way with very little so the fighter culture is in our blood.
- Constant step-up: learning, self-reflection and constantly stepping up to new challenges.
PeoplePerHour is seeking a Digital Marketing Communications Specialist who can develop compelling communications programs that make people stop dead in their inboxes and pay attention. He or she will be responsible for helping to drive user growth and incremental business—particularly here in the US—through the creation and delivery of quality content that propagates the PPH gospel. He or she should be able to crank out compelling copy while sleeping and providing creative direction for on-brand graphic needs at the same time. Message refinement and segmentation are a cakewalk for this person who knows basic HTML and enough Adobe Creative Suite to Photoshop a mustache onto our logo. MailChip experience (and the banana rations that go along with it) preferred.
This Digital Marketing Communications Specialist will juggle numerous regular email marketing campaigns while also supporting the strategic direction for engagement with new and existing users. She or he will report to the Director of Communications and collaborate with the greater marketing and community team, which is part local and part remote. This person will be responsible for regularly engaging with end users to surface stories and translate them into marketable stories. She/he will be measured on standard e-mail effective metrics such as open rates and click-throughs, leading to assessments of overall ROI and LTV of users that can be tracked over time. Other responsibilities might include script development for videos, user event coordination, and other miscellaneous marketing tasks.
- Compelling writing ability with grammatical prowess (subject to assessment)
- An eye for perfection and attention to detail
- History of creating executing quality email communications
- Track record of growing user bases and improving program performance
- Experience running events from start to finish and drawing a notable attendance
- Knows what a budget it and how to deliver results within it
- Can tweet more loudly than most birds, knows how to Pin, and might have a slight addition problem with Facebook
- Knows a wee bit o’ British style
- Basic HTML knowledge, advanced Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator in particular) know-how
- BA or BS degree (no exceptions).
- Minimum 3-5 years marketing / PR / advertising / journalism / other writing for online experience
- Experience in a high-paced startup environment a plus
- Annual salary
- stock options
- Location: New York, US