Internet Product Manager
Product | Athens, Greece, Greece
PeoplePerHour.com is not for everyone. If you want a comfortable job where you’re told exactly what to do, where there’s little or no change, no confrontation, where you don’t have responsibility or ownership then read no further.
We are a fast-growing global-play VC-backed business whose aim is to disrupt the Jobs market. Our model allows the masses to find and outsource work remotely easier, faster and better than ever before. More importantly, what we do has impact in the world: it changes things. And that’s what gets us out of bed each day. We serve a purpose higher than our own.
What we do
PeoplePerHour.com makes work easy, fun and enjoyable and done faster and simpler than ever before. We have a online community of Buyers & Sellers of any service imaginable to you, whom we bring together in an environment where they can transact across boundaries with trust.
At PPH we are fanatical about our values and we put them first and foremost above all else.
We have come from humble beginnings and realise that, what got us this far is hard work, determination and strict adherence to our core values which we look for in anyone we hire.
Here’s the things that characterise our culture and how we do things at PPH:
- Passion & energy: going above and beyond what others expect of us. We have fun and we’re all quirky and wacky in our own individual ways, which we encourage. But we share a common passion and sense of purpose. Without that we are lost.
- Taking ownership: we hate people who pass the buck or ‘inbox groomers’. If its not in my inbox it’s not my job. We only work with people who make it their job and relentlessly push through to completion.
- Being different: always questioning the status quo and pushing for radical change. Looking at what’s out there but always striving to do better and be different. We love creativity and believe there are no such thing as bad ideas; only poorly executed ones.
- Bonding: with the team like a family we’re open and sometimes brutally frank communication. We have a strict ‘no walking on eggshells’ policy. We just come out with it. We are a startup and we expect people to be able to take a punch on the chin.
- Sense of urgency: pushing for things to get done and learning to do more with less. Getting resourceful and knowing when to seek help. Being a leader not a hero.
- Daily amnesia: we’ve learnt to walk in every day and forget the past. We bear no emotion or sentiment for past work. We kill projects when it’s clear they will never work and we reprioritise daily. That way we keep ahead of the game. We don’t live in the past.
- Leadership: always thinking ahead and putting others first. We live and breathe the motto: managers do things right, leaders do the right thing. Managers operate a high efficiency / low impact machine. We pursue high impact even at the expect of some chaos.
- Constant learning: through questioning everything…why is this happening? Constant digging deeper and deeper to derive insight and learning across the organisation
- Punching above weight: aiming really high. Taking on mammoth tasks that are seemingly impossible and pursuing them relentlessly to completion. No place for mediocracy
- Constant step up: there’s no room for complacency. And never give up. What builds start-ups are fighters not politicians. We are aggressive, a little rough around the edges but we will change the world. You either fit in or you don’t. We don’t take prisoners.
This is not just another normal Product role. At PeoplePerHour.com we are obsessed with product, we live and breathe it daily, and we only hire people who share that fanaticism and obsession. We like people with compulsive attention to detail, who don’t settle for second best and who think big.
The Junior Internet Product Manager must be able to set an example in this. This is a key position that will work directly with the senior management to define and roll out the product, but equally drive and strengthen our Product culture. Your duties will include:
How we do Product at PPH
The way we do product at PPH is pretty special and borderline insane. We constantly push higher and higher through a combination of continuous improvement and tactical quick wins, married with a longer-cycle process of innovation which brings together the whole organisation structured in small teams. You will be managing this process.
We also have a few quirky processes at PPH, including a daily ‘AHA’s stand-up meeting where the community team shares with product insights form the user and we plot them across the user journey. Our culture is one of continuously challenging the status quo and constantly searching for improvement and innovation. We are a quirky innovative bunch, we are hardworking, we love our community and we love building product. If you don’t then don’t apply.
Desired Skills & Experience
We think of our PMs as musicians: you need to be able to compose music and conduct an orchestra. Anything less is just making noise. We rate attitude and aptitude over experience, but if we must here’s what we’re looking for otherwise:
- Demonstrated academic experience. Graduates with high score will be prefered.
- Strong problem solver and highly analytical and commercial – with an aim to weeding out product features that don’t work and maximising those that do.
- Passionate about Web Usability and attention to detail.
- Strong passion for the consumer and advocating on behalf of consumer to build products that delight and exceed expectations
- Outstanding team player with the ability to coordinate people and activities across multiple functional areas
- Engineering and development background will be considered as a big plus
- Candidates with advanced degrees (especially MBA) preferred.
We offer a highly competitive package (salary + share options), depending on level of experience and the value we believe we can add to your business.
Gkazi, Kerameikos Square, Athens, Greece