Head of Marketing
Marketing / PR | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Head of Marketing
Are you ambitious, hungry and keen to begin a new chapter in your career? We are looking for a Head of Marketing to join our energetic and ambitious team in London.
PeoplePerHour is the UK’s leading freelance marketplace. Founded in 2007, our vibrant community has over 3m users across 150+ countries, and we have paid out in excess of £150m to freelancers. We are a profitable business backed by Index Ventures.
We believe teamwork makes the dream work. That’s why we’ve dedicated a decade building a highly collaborative freelancer community to help entrepreneurs turn their bright ideas into reality. PeoplePerHour is an invaluable resource for small businesses in the UK and outside, giving them access to expert freelance talent on-demand. We work tirelessly to improve our community; not one day is the same and we grab opportunities with both hands and go after it fast.
The way we do things at PeoplePerHour
We cannot revolutionize the job space without first starting a revolution ourselves. We encourage people around the world to collaborate and seek the assistance of highly motivated, talented individuals. We are PeoplePerHour and we champion this collaborative way of working.
Our teams are small, empowered and agile. Our environment enhances knowledge, friendliness, and excellence - even if it means spending a bit more time to achieve perfection.
We believe our product needs input from every source, so we encourage open expression, ideation, and participation in order to achieve great user experience in our product. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people and businesses collaborate across the world.
About the role
As the head of our marketing team, you’ll be responsible for agreeing and delivering our global marketing strategy. You will direct your team to boost awareness of PeoplePerHour and increase customer engagement, leading us into growth and expansion. You will own all aspects of our marketing from managing the content strategy to optimizing our online advertising across YouTube, Google Search, Criteo and all social media platforms.
To be successful in this role, you need to have a strong understanding of both digital and offline marketing and be dedicated to building and engaging our community. If you have the right combination of creative flair and an eye for performance and you want to impact real people’s lives, then this might be the right job for you!
What you will focus on
- Defining and implementing the overall marketing strategy
- Leading the marketing team to engage and grow our current community
- Analyzing customer insights, use competitor research and industry trends to create genuinely insightful and unique campaigns
- Championing our brand messaging internally and externally
- Establishing brand partnerships and developing PR campaigns
- Running ATL (TV, OOH, Radio) campaigns to drive mass awareness and traffic
- Challenging our SEO, PR and SEM agencies to perform effectively for us
- Analyzing, reviewing and reporting on the effectiveness of all marketing activity
Ideally, you’ll have
- 8+ years of proven experience in leading marketing teams
- Experience in creating performance-led digital marketing strategies
- Experience and deep understanding of building and promoting brands
- A natural sense for creative thinking
- Knowledge in creating SEO focused and link building content
And you’ll be
- A passionate, creative and data-driven marketing leader
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- A team player who enjoys collaborating across departments
Bonus points if you have
- Experience of tech B2B marketing
- Deep understanding of SEM, SEO, and traditional marketing techniques (TV advertising, OOH)
- We pay a competitive base with yearly pay reviews and equity
- Get some well-deserved rest with 25 days holiday & bank holidays
- Get a marketing Pleo card to spend on team entertainment each month
- We will let you select your perfect work set-up
What should you do next?
If you feel this is the right role for you, please submit your CV.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, PeoplePerHour is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.