Front End Engineer
Engineering | Athens, Greece | Full Time
Are you ambitious, hungry and keen to begin a new chapter in your career? We are looking for a Front-end Engineer.
PeoplePerHour is Europe’s leading online freelancing marketplace. We are revolutionaries debunking the archaic 9-to-5 work model. We are a purpose-driven business. Everything we do stems from our desire to empower people around the world to do what they love and live the dream of being independent, professionally and financially. With a vibrant community of more than 1M people, we connect talented experts with savvy businesses that search for the right skills to get the Job Done; quickly & cost-effectively. We work tirelessly to improve our community; not one day is the same and we grab opportunities with both hands and go after it fast.
Ten years into our journey it still feels as if it’s day one. The freelance economy is still at its infancy. And we believe it will fundamentally change the way companies - large and small – work and think about their HR function. That is why we are reinvesting organic profits into breaking out into new sectors & segments. Our newly launched product, Talentdesk.io, is the enterprise solution to manage temporary and permanent workforce in a more efficient and cost-effective way.
We have aggressive growth & innovation plans and we want you to be part of them!
Get to know us
You might have seen us in the news
Hear from our customers
See how we celebrate success
Our company culture matters more than anything to us. We want to hire people who share our core values. You will fit right in if you are someone who:
1. Loves Brutal honesty
◦ Hates sugar-coating
◦ Hates pointing fingers
◦ Hates fluffing. Says it like it is with brutal honesty
2. Acts like an owner
◦ Doesn’t sit around waiting to be told what to do
◦ Is selfless: don’t just cover your own back. Always put yourself last
◦ Cares about the business and its overall success
◦ Picks garbage off the floor
3. Is Accountable
◦ Do what you say & commit to. Gets it done!
◦ Resourceful & scrappy. Doesn’t need handholding. Will find a way
◦ Goal orientated. Sets and hits targets
4. Constantly raises the bar
◦ Is curious and inquisitive. Always questioning: how can we do this better?
◦ Finds ways to improve the status quo
◦ Goes above and beyond what’s given to him/her
◦ Thinks outside the box and loves innovation
◦ Self-reflective and improves a little every day
5. Is a Team player
◦ Is a clear communicator. You care about whether the other person understood,
not just what they said
◦ Shows empathy: You care and don’t just throw the ball over the fence
◦ Makes an effort to gel and bond with the team
About the role
We are looking for a driven and hard-working front-end engineer who is passionate about developing web and mobile apps. You should be an expert in web engineering principles and in a position to show good working knowledge of web programming languages.
You must be committed to producing high-quality code and be able to deliver to deadlines. Good communication skills are a must and a good sense of humor a bonus!
If you want to impact real people’s lives, then this might be the right job for you!
What you will focus on:
- Assist in building and enhancing our front-end architecture and code quality
- Work to improve overall system architecture and design components to meet those goals
- Develop new features and functionality for high transaction, large-scale websites
- Identify and communicate front-end best practices Identify and address performance bottlenecks in the software
- Writing reliable tests and review others' code to help keep the bugs out
- Work as part of a self-organizing SCRUM team to develop new features and functionality for high volume, large scale websites
- Work with Data Scientists and Backend Engineers to build features and ship experiments
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Opinionated about quality
- Ability to learn and critique new technologies quickly
- Knowledge of JS frameworks
- Ability to work with cross-functional multicultural teams.
- Scrum Agile methodologies experience
- BSc or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar is preferred but not a prerequisite
We are based in the bustling heart of Athens; Gkazi.
- We offer a very competitive package, depending on level of experience and the value we believe you can add to the business
- You will have the opportunity to work in a motivating and multicultural environment as well as on a global scale project
What should you do next?
If you feel this is the right role for you, please submit your CV and cover letter.