Fraud and Chargeback Analyst
Finance | London, London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Reporting to the Payments Team Lead, the jobholder will ensure the efficient and effective monitoring and investigation of all cases of reported or suspected fraud impacting (or likely to impact) all forms of customer payment. The jobholder will also be responsible for ensuring all payment disputes and/or chargeback matters are dealt with in an effective and timely manner, and that all efforts are made to challenge potential loss and recover funds wherever possible.
- Minimize fraud loss and chargeback rates through the prevention, detection and investigation of fraudulent or suspected transactions and accounts.
- Investigate suspicious alerts received from any fraud monitoring applications, the Customer Service Team or other sources, and ensure all related records/documentation are maintained.
- Undertake proactive analysis of transactional and customer records, to link unidentified transactions and accounts to known or suspected fraudulent activity.
- Where available, utilize automated (or other) systems to verify customers and validate any documentation received for KYC purposes.
- Analyze all reported chargeback cases, to identify any new and emerging fraud trends.
- Respond in a timely and professional manner to all request for information, regarding disputes and chargebacks.
- Contest chargeback claims wherever possible and economically viable, and ensure claims for recoveries are actively pursued.
- Provide regular reports on fraud and chargeback levels to the Payments Team Lead, Operations Director and senior management.
- Ensure fraud and chargeback processes and procedures are documented and maintained.
- Proactively anticipate customer needs and identify their specific requirements.
- Engage with 3rd party providers of fraud detection services, to ensure operational requirements are effectively maintained and remain up-to-date with new, improved or alternate solutions.
- Ensure compliance to applicable regulations and statutory requirements
- Maintain a close working relationship with other Teams (such as Payments, Marketing, Customer Services and IT, etc).
- Remain up-to-date with any changes in card scheme requirements for chargeback processing.
- Prior experience of working in a fraud and chargeback function.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Meticulous, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well with others and be a team-player.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Good knowledge of card scheme chargeback rules and requirements.
- Industry experience in financial services, banking or e-commerce.
PeoplePerHour.com is not for everyone. If you want a comfortable job, where you’re told exactly what to do, where there’s little or no change, no confrontation, where you don’t have responsibility or ownership, then read no further. We are a fast-growing global-play VC-backed business whose which is disrupting the Jobs market. Our model allows the masses to find and out sourcework remotely easier, faster and better than ever before. More importantly, what we do has impact in the world: it changes things. It allows people to live their life long dream of being an entrepreneur. And that sense of purpose is what gets us out of work each day. Today PeoplePerHour is one of the most trafficked sites in the UK and has been featured on practically every major publication and news channel both in the UK and outside, from BBC News, CNN, Bloomberg, Techcrunch, Financial times, ABC News and many more. Our next challenge is to make PeoplePerHour a household name and a clear leader in its category, first in the UK and then in other markets we operate in, particularly in the US.
What we do
PeoplePerHour.com is a utility that allows small businesses to get their job done fast and reliably. We have a community online of Buyers & Sellers of any service imaginable to you, whom we bring together in an environment where they can transact across boundaries with trust. Here are the things that characterise our culture and how we do things at PPH:
Passion & energy:
- Going above and beyond what others expect of us: We have fun and are all quirky and wacky in our own individual ways which we encourage. But we share a common passion and sense of purpose. Without that we are lost.
- Taking ownership: We hate people who pass the buck or ‘inbox groomers’. If its not in my inbox it's not my jobs. We only work with people who make it their job and relentlessly push through to completion.
- Being different: Always questioning the status quo and pushing for radical change. Looking at what’s out there but always striving to do better and be different. We love creativity and believe there are no such things as bad ideas; only poorly executed ones.
- Bonding with the team like a family with open and sometimes brutally frank communication: We have a strict ‘no walking on eggshells’ policy. We just come out with it. We are a startup and we expect people to be able to take a punch on the chin.
- Sense of urgency: Pushing for things to get done and learning to do more with less. Getting resourceful and knowing when to seek help. Being a leader not a hero.
- Daily amnesia: We’ve learnt to walk in every day and forget the past. We bear no emotion or sentiment for past work. We kill projects when it's clear they will never work and we reprioritise daily. That way we keep ahead of the game. We don’t live in the past.
- Leadership: Always thinking ahead and putting others first. We live and breathe the motto: managers do things right, leaders do the right thing. Managers operate a high efficiency / low impact machine. We pursue high impact even at the expect of some chaos.
- Constant learning through questioning everything: Why is this happening? Constant digging deeper and deeper to derive insight and learning across the organisation.
- Punching above weight: Aiming really high. Taking on mammoth tasks that are seemingly impossible and pursuing them relentlessly to completion. No place for mediocracy.
- Constant step up: No room for complacency. And never give up. What builds start-ups are fighters not politicians. We are aggressive, a little rough around the edges but we will change the world. You either fit in or you don’t. We don’t take prisoners.