Digital Marketing Strategist
Marketing / PR | New York, NY
What we do
PeoplePerHour.com is a utility that allows small businesses to get their job done fast and reliably. We have a community online of Buyers & Sellers of any service imaginable to you, whom we bring together in an environment where they can transact across boundaries with trust.
Here are the things that characterize our culture and how we do things at PPH:
- Purpose first: we put our purpose and mission first and above all else. We remind ourselves every day that we serve a purpose higher than our own.
- Commitment: wanting to stay the mile and go through the journey. From our first 5 employees 4 still work in the company 4 years later. And the other left for health reasons.
- Passion: going above and beyond what others expect of us.
- Fighter: we believe in people who punch above weight and don’t give up at the first bump they hit. We have come a long way with very little so the fighter culture is in our blood.
- Constant step-up: learning, self-reflection and constantly stepping up to new challenges.
PeoplePerHour is seeking a Digital Marketing Strategist to wow us with an ability to effectively target and acquire new users. The person in this role will be charged with optimizing our global online ad strategy, which will involve the creation of an online marketing plan to target growth in new markets (particularly the US). To succeed in this role, she or he will need to apply creativity alongside of number crunching that makes Excel squirm.
This Digital Marketing Strategist will use digital marketing techniques to increase traffic to the PeoplePerHour website, increase conversations to leads for account creation and for e-commerce transactions while increasing brand awareness. This will be accomplished by working with the Director of Communications and other members of the performance marketing team to fine-tune all aspects of the digital marketing strategy.
- Proven success in using a wide variety of digital marketing techniques including SEO, SEM, email, social media, and display advertising.
- Expertise in working with websites using lead and/or e-commerce conversion goals.
- Experience with A/B testing and other optimization techniques.
- Strong knowledge of both web-site analytics packages and email analytics.
- Experience in developing media to be used throughout the marketing funnel.
- Experience building pro formas and models to forecast ROI of global marketing initiatives.
- Advanced Excel know-how (subject to testing).
- Ability to manage a team.
- BA or BS degree (no exceptions).
- European-centric experience a plus.
- Minimum 3-5 years marketing / web analytics / ecommerce experience required. Digital agency experience managing ad programs on behalf of clients works too.
- Annual Salary
- Health insurance
- Stock Options
- Location: New York, US