Digital Marketing and CRM Manager
Marketing / PR | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
We seek a talented, analytical and driven Digital Marketing and CRM Manager to join our team at a very exciting moment for the company with ambitious growth plans.
PeoplePerHour is the UK’s leading freelance marketplace. Founded in 2007, our vibrant community has over 2 million users across 150+ countries, and we have paid out in excess of £100m to freelancers.
We are a purpose-driven business. Everything we do stems from our desire to empower people worldwide to live their work dream, building their business from the ground up and becoming financially and professionally independent. PeoplePerHour is an invaluable resource for small businesses in the UK and outside, giving them access to expert freelance talent on-demand. So they can stay lean and flexible while growing.
We work tirelessly to improve our community; not one day is the same and we grab opportunities with both hands and go after it fast.
Get to know us in a snap!
See what they say about us in the news: www.forbes.com and www.youtube.com
Hear from our customers directly.
This is how we celebrate success: PeoplePerHour’s 10-year birthday party
Don’t miss out on our latest TV ad!
Ten years into our journey it still feels as if it’s day one. The freelance economy is still at its infancy. And we believe it will fundamentally change the way companies - large and small – work and think about their HR function. That is why we are reinvesting organic profits into breaking out into new sectors & segments. Our newly launched product, Talentdesk.io, is the enterprise solution to manage their temporary and permanent workforce in a more efficient and cost-effective way.
We have ambitious growth & innovation plans and we want you to be part of them!
The way we do things at PeoplePerHour
Culture is important to us. We love what we do, and make sure everyone in the team feels valued, respected and important. This makes people take pride in their work, and that's when the best work is produced.
We're a quirky bunch, but we all share the same core values: we're passionate, energetic, committed and gutsy. We believe our product needs input from every source, so we encourage open expression, ideation and participation in order to achieve great user experience in our product. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people and businesses work across the world.
About the role
As a key member of our marketing team, you will be taking on a challenging role focused on both performance marketing and retention, reporting directly to the Founder and CEO of the company. You will manage and execute our CRM activities across multiple channels using our ESP Iterable. You will also define our PPC, retargeting and SEO strategies and get them implemented by the agencies we work with.
To be successful in this role, you will bring the experience, acumen and confidence to develop ideas to engage our community through email, SMS and push notifications. You must have experience in managing agencies and getting results. It is a plus if you have previously reported to C-levels executives or senior members of the management team.
More specifically you are expected to:
- Develop and optimize a comprehensive multi-channel CRM strategy for transactional, triggered and marketing messages.
- Drive more insight and analysis into the effectiveness of CRM initiatives with a value-driven approach that demonstrates incremental benefits to the business.
- Manage the digital marketing agency and support them with execution on our PPC and retargeting strategy that you will define and drive.
- Lead the strategy and liaise with our product managers, developers and the agency for implementation of SEO improvements for both on-page and off-page.
- Measure and report performance of all your marketing activities and assess against goals and CPA targets.
You will work in a fast-paced, dynamic office, and will be challenged to constantly look for new and innovative ideas and opportunities to grow PeoplePerHour. If you’re a people person with high levels of energy and a can-do attitude and you care about impacting real people’s lives, then this might be the right job for you!
Ideally, you will have:
- At least 3+ years of experience in a broad performance digital marketing role
- Hands-on practical CRM skills around setting up CRM programmes - managing segmentation, HTML/CSS changes and producing reports from data
- Experience of paid digital acquisition either client or agency side
- Strong technical SEO on-page and off-page optimisation skills
- A strong understanding of and experience with Google Analytics
- Experience managing agencies
- Experience with designing and understanding complex customer journeys
- Experience with AB testing
- Experience managing projects with multiple stakeholders across the business - including Marketing, Business Intelligence, Product Management & Engineering
- Finally, you’ll have the right balance of strategic thinking and ability to execute effectively. This role is very hands on.
Bonus points for:
- Google Adwords certification
- Experience working on Iterable, our ESP
- SQL skills
- Experience reporting to C-level executives
We are based in the bustling heart of London, Soho.
- We pay a competitive base with yearly pay reviews and equity
- Get some well-deserved rest with 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- We will let you select your perfect work set-up
- Our cool co-working space offers you coffee, snacks & beer on tap, breakfast on Mondays and Happy Hour on Thursdays
What should you do next?
If you feel this is the right role for you, please submit your CV!