Dev Ops / Software Engineer
Development | Athens, Greece, Greece | Full Time
PeoplePerHour.com is not for everyone. If you want a comfortable job, where you’re told exactly what to do, where there’s little or no change, no confrontation, where you don’t have responsibility or ownership then read no further.
We are a fast-growing global VC-backed business whose mission is to WOW our users by going above and beyond what they come to us for: to connect with others who can do their stuff. What gets us out of bed each day is making a difference to people’s lives by allowing them to find work in new and innovative ways. We only hire people who share that sense of purpose.
What we do
PeoplePerHour.com is a community marketplace that connects small businesses and freelancers across the globe. We allow work to be done and transacted in a safe and trusted environment and engage with one another in ways that make the journey as important as the result.
At PPH we are fanatical about our values. We have come from humble beginnings and realise that what got us this far is hard work, determination and strict adherence to our core values.
1. Passion & energy: going above and beyond what others expect of us.
2. Trust: inspiring trust in others through accountability, commitment & ownership. Seeing things through to completion.
3. Innovation: always questioning the status quo and embracing change.
4. Teamwork: making an effort to bonding with the team like a family and communicate openly.
5. Sense of urgency: doing more with less.
6. Leadership: thinking about the next step and putting others first. Being proactive.
7. Constant learning through observation, conversation and self-reflection.
8. Putting the community first: getting under the skin of our users. Empathy is different to understanding.
9. Having fun: being a bit wacky and individual.
10. Always pushing higher and higher. Never give up.
We look for these in everyone we hire. If you are a superstar but don’t share these values you are not for us.
Conversely if you are someone who doesn’t have the experience but you love punching above weight and going above and beyond in everything you do then we want to hear from you.
We are looking for driven and hard-working devops who are passionate about developing apps in the cloud. You should be an expert in using OO PHP, RUBY, Shell scripting and MySQL. Amazon Web Services experience or Puppet scripting (Puppet Labs) is a big bonus.
The right candidate should be passionate about programming and be up to date with the latest in web technologies. You must be committed to producing high quality code and be able to deliver to deadlines. Good communication skills are a must and a good sense of humour a bonus!
- Excellent working knowledge of security, performance, linux sys admin.
- Extensive knowledge/experience with MySQL and relational databases.
- Entry or higher level knowledge in one or more Cloud Service Platform preferably Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Good working knowledge/experience of OO PHP 5 and/or Ruby (puppet scripting is considered as a plus).
- Good Test Driven Development (TDD) and/or Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) experience (Behat, PHPUnit, Selenium).
- A genuine passion for the all things web.
- BSc or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar is preferred but not a prerequisite.