Communication & PR manager
Marketing / PR | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Are you ambitious, hungry and keen to begin a new chapter in your career? We are looking for a creative & detail-oriented Brand Marketing Executive.
PeoplePerHour is the UK’s leading freelance marketplace. Founded in 2007, our vibrant community has over 2m users across 150+ countries, and we have paid out in excess of £100m to freelancers.
We are a purpose-driven business. Everything we do stems from our desire to empower people worldwide to live their work dream, building their business from the ground up and becoming financially and professionally independent. PeoplePerHour is an invaluable resource for small businesses in the UK and outside, giving them access to expert freelance talent on-demand. So they can stay lean and flexible while growing.
We work tirelessly to improve our community; not one day is the same and we grab opportunities with both hands and go after it fast.
Get to know us in a snap!
Hear from our customers directly.
This is how we celebrate success: PeoplePerHour’s 10 year birthday party
Don’t miss out on our latest TV ad
Ten years into our journey it still feels as if it’s day one. The freelance economy is still at its infancy. And we believe it will fundamentally change the way companies - large and small – work and think about their HR function. That is why we are reinvesting organic profits into breaking out into new sectors & segments. Our newly launched product, Talentdesk.io, is the enterprise solution to manage temporary and permanent workforce in a more efficient and cost-effective way.
We have ambitious growth & innovation plans and we want you to be part of them!
The way we do things at PeoplePerHour
Culture is important to us. We love what we do, and make sure everyone in the team feels valued, respected and important. This makes people take pride in their work, and that's when the best work is produced.
We're a quirky bunch, but we all share the same core values: we're passionate, energetic, committed and gutsy. We believe our product needs input from every source, so we encourage open expression, ideation and participation in order to achieve great user experience in our product. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people and businesses work across the world.
About the role
As a key member of our marketing team, you will work with the Director of Brand Marketing and PR manager to boost the brand awareness of PeoplePerHour and increase customer engagement.
To be successful in this role, you will bring the experience, acumen and confidence to develop ideas for social media/community engagement and turn them into unique storytelling campaigns that will inspire our target audiences. You must be creative, possess excellent written and communication skills and thrive at spinning and telling a story.
You will work in a fast-paced, dynamic office, and will be challenged with constantly looking for new and innovative ideas and opportunities to grow PeoplePerHour. If you’re a people person with high levels of energy and a can-do attitude and you care about impacting real people’s lives, then this might be the right job for you!
More specifically you are expected to:
- Conduct research and analyse the market to come up with a relevant campaign ideas
- Lead creative development and create motivating stimulus to get target audiences to “take action”
- Maximize brand presence on various channels ensuring brand consistency
- Help coordinate PR campaigns and set-up community events
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns and assess against goals
Ideally you will have:
- 3+ years communications experience including media relations and social media
- The right balance of strategic thinking and ability to execute effectively. This role is very hands on.
- A proven track record of delivering creative and inventive campaigns against KPIs across various channels
- Experience with social media/community engagement
- A natural sense for creative thinking and strong copywriting skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience managing agencies
- Event management experience
And you’ll be:
- Curious, a fast-learner, with a fearless attitude and a passion for storytelling
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment; must be a team player.
We are based in the bustling heart of London; Soho.
- We pay a competitive base with yearly pay reviews
- Get some well-deserved rest with 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- We will let you select your perfect work set-up
- Our cool co-working space offers you coffee, snacks & beer on tap, breakfast on Mondays and Happy Hour on Thursdays
What should you do next?
If you feel this is the right role for you, please submit your CV and one relevant example of a successful campaign you have managed.