Data Science | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
PeoplePerHour is Europe’s leading online freelancing marketplace. We are revolutionaries debunking the archaic 9-to-5 work model. We are a purpose-driven business. Everything we do stems from our desire to empower people around the world to do what they love and live the dream of being independent, professionally and financially. With a vibrant community of more than 1M people, we connect talented experts with savvy businesses that search for the right skills to get the Job Done; quickly & cost-effectively. We work tirelessly to improve our community; not one day is the same and we grab opportunities with both hands and go after it fast.
Ten years into our journey it still feels as if it’s day one. The freelance economy is still at its infancy. And we believe it will fundamentally change the way companies - large and small – work and think about their HR function. That is why we are reinvesting organic profits into breaking out into new sectors & segments. Our newly launched product, Talentdesk.io, is the enterprise solution to manage temporary and permanent workforce in a more efficient and cost-effective way.
We have aggressive growth & innovation plans and we want you to be part of them!
Get to know us
You might have seen us in the news
Hear from our customers
See how we celebrate success
Our company culture matters more than anything to us. We want to hire people who share our core values. You will fit right in if you are someone who:
1. Loves Brutal Honesty
◦ Hates sugar-coating
◦ Hates pointing fingers
◦ Hates fluffing. Says it like it is with brutal honesty
2. Acts like an owner
◦ Doesn’t sit around waiting to be told what to do
◦ Is selfless: don’t just cover your own back. Always put yourself last
◦ Cares about the business and its overall success
◦ Picks garbage off the floor
3. Is Accountable
◦ Do what you say & commit to. Gets it done!
◦ Resourceful & scrappy. Doesn’t need handholding. Will find a way
◦ Goal orientated. Sets and hits targets
4. Constantly raises the bar
◦ Is curious and inquisitive. Always questioning: how can we do this better?
◦ Finds ways to improve the status quo
◦ Goes above and beyond what’s given to him/her
◦ Thinks outside the box and loves innovation
◦ Self-reflective and improves a little every day
5. Is a Team player
◦ Is a clear communicator. You care about whether the other person understood,
not just what they said
◦ Shows empathy: You care and don’t just throw the ball over the fence
◦ Makes an effort to gel and bond with the team
Everyone at the company shares a data-driven mindset, making this a very influential role. You will work closely with the CEO, Product Management team & Marketing Team and will see a real impact on the decisions made.
• Hire, lead and manage a team of digital and BI analysts
• Assess existing organisation structure & existing capabilities, develop and build new capabilities which excel the business to the next level of data insights.
• Work with internal teams including product and marketing to deeply understand their needs, as well as the ins-and-outs of the product, to be able to deliver the right analysis at the right time, in a consumable manner
• Assess current methods of provisioning analysis and refine/improve/replace if necessary to ensure quality, scalability and ease of self-service.
• Improve company data and analytics tooling strategy, platform health and architecture design for delivering low latency, accurate and deep analytical insights
• Focus on driving adoption & user engagement regarding Analytics tooling and outputs, decentralising Analytics and shrinking the gap between analysis and decision-making & action.
• Build effective mechanisms with key stakeholders to capture needs and communicate insights and actions.
• Communicate analytical insights effectively to the business including to a senior audience.
• Serve as a champion and internal expert across the organization for data and analytics and their use in driving smart decision-making.
• Strong experience leading an Analytics function and team in a high growth business, like; FMCG, Marketplaces, Strategy, Travel SaaS, eCommerce, media, Holidays, retail, classifieds, etc.
• Track record of driving internal user adoption of Analytics tools and insights.
• Comfortable leading multiple concurrent projects to successful outcomes in fast-paced environment
• Hands on experience with data analysis and tools for retrieving, manipulating and visualising data (e.g. SQL, Periscope, Tableau, PowerBI, Python/R).
• Understanding of digital traffic (e.g., with Google Analytics), conversion and other performance approaches and metrics.
• A strategy consultancy background from any top consultancy firm is highly preferable.
We are based in the bustling heart of London; Soho.
We pay competitively with yearly pay reviews
Get some well-deserved rest with 25 days holiday + bank holidays
We will let you select your perfect work set-up
Our cool co-working space offers you coffee, snacks & beer on tap, breakfast on Mondays and Happy Hour on Thursdays
What should you do next?
If you feel this is the right role for you, please submit your CV and cover letter.