Technical Pre-Sales Representative
Pre-Sales | Michigan, Ohio, & Indiana | Full Time
JOB TITLE: Technical pre-Sales Representative
People Driven Technology, Inc is a technology value-added reseller. We are a family-owned, local firm that focuses on simple, scalable business and technical outcomes for our clients. We leverage our decades of the combined business, technology, and engineering experience to deliver these outcomes, in a methodical manner.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your dependents.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability.
- Competitive compensation.
- Collaborative and welcoming office culture.
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off.
We are looking for a Technical pre-Sales Representative (TSR) to work as a liaison between the company’s Account Executives, Enterprise Architects, and client quoting endeavors. The TSR is an extension of the VP of Hybrid Cloud in all People Driven markets by participating in the full sales process: participating in customer meetings, obtaining quotes, creating proposals/SOWs, and expanding product knowledge through training. TSR will become fluent in the People Driven Hybrid Cloud (including Cyber Security) product portfolio.
In assisting clients with questions about design and product, the TSR listens to what features are most important to the client. At times, TSR will also examine similar products that exist in the field and rival OEM products; TSR will present their findings to the Hybrid Cloud team, detailing new products of interest and understanding if product(s) warrants a technical validation session by People Driven CTO.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working as a team, while having the ability to working independently both efficiently and effectively. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential. We are looking for someone who has strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively. At times, ability to work well under pressure and meet critical deadlines is required. This position requires some travel to industry events and conferences (rarely required outside the State of Michigan).
- Serve as the technical liaison between the AEs and EAs.
- Function as the subject matter expert on configuration, pricing, and quotes.
- Prepare proposals and final SOWs.
- Support sales process when evaluating and responding to bids and RFPs.
- Build and grow relationships with everchanging Account Representatives at multiple OEMs.
- Maintain high level of communication with People Driven AE to ensure they have all information to effectively communicate with customers throughout the Hybrid Cloud sales process.
- Achieve technical sales training curriculum for a variety of OEMs.
- Actively live out the organization’s Core Values while working with other employees, vendors, and customers to help achieve team, department, and corporate goals.
- Participate in cadence calls with OEMs
- Build customer relationships and promote solutions by attending trade shows, events, customer dinners, and hosting customer site visits as needed
- Continually seek and gain knowledge of OEM portfolio as well as competitor’s features
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- 2+ years of relevant experience, preferably with a technology company
- Highly proficient using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Google Sheets, and virtual meeting software
- Experience building complex, technical quotes
- Experience writing proposals and SOWs
- Possess fundamental knowledge of: On-premise data center, Cloud data center, hybrid Cloud data center, Cyber Security
- Ability to pass background check
- Preferred experience engaging with municipal governments, Enterprise, SMB
- Preferred experience using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
Recruitment Agency Notification
People Driven Technology, Inc does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our careers email address, People Driven employees, or any other company location. People Driven Technology, Inc is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Equal Opportunity Employer
People Driven Technology, Inc is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All hiring decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and our business needs.
People Driven Technology, Inc is dedicated to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodations because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please contact the recruiter and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.