Retail Management | Philadelphia, PA | Full Time
PJP Marketplace cash and carry outlet stores stock everything needed to run a foodservice establishment. With over 18,000 stocked products ranging from food service disposables, bulk-sized grocery items, foodservice and janitorial equipment and supplies, we are unique one-stop-shop for business or traditional grocery needs! We also have Tom's Tavern, featuring a broad selection of wine and beer.
Visit our website for more information: http://www.pjpmarketplacestores.com/
We are currently seeking a Store Manager for the Academy location. The Store Manager plans and directs the day-to-day operations of the retail store. The manager develops strategies to improve customer service, drive store sales, and increase profitability while ensuring customer needs are met, complaints are resolved, and service is quick and efficient. The Store Manager also ensures all products and displays are merchandised effectively to maximize sales and profitability. The manager will also be responsible for forecasting staffing needs and developing a recruiting strategy to provide optimal staffing in all areas. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
What are we looking for?
Experience in retail management is a MUST, passion, analytical solution seekers, problem solvers, motivated individuals with proven grit and success in a team environment, positive energy and ingenuity!
What do we offer?
Employee discounts, gym membership reimbursement, comprehensive benefits package and competitive 401k program, tuition reimbursement.
Penn Jersey Paper Company has been voted TOP WORKPLACES 9 years in a row!
- Manage up to 40 associates.
- Work with Managers from other facilities to achieve top results.
- Attend local, offsite meetings weekly.
- Coaching employees, addressing performance and issuing discipline as needed.
- Interview and provide orientation and onboarding for new associates.
- Train current employees/talent development.
- Answer questions and help resolve issues when they arise.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- May require a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with education and related prior work experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in the field or related area.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Lead and directs the work of others.
- Familiar with BR data; Scan Master; AX (preferred)