Night Inventory Control Clerk
Warehouse | Philadelphia, PA | Full Time
Penn Jersey Paper Company is a fully integrated distributor of packaging, paper, janitorial chemicals, consumables, and equipment for various business types. PJP is committed to the distribution of quality products and services, while ensuring both growth and profitability for our organization. It is our philosophy to strive for customer service and distribution excellence, while maintaining traditional values; Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty, and Respect.
- The Night Inventory Control Clerk assists coworkers with inventory control during the inbound and outbound process of freight in the distribution center.
- Follow through with inbound and outbound inventory.
- Reviews daily reports for proper inventory status.
- Reviews all credits – shorts, mispicks, damaged goods, and out of stock items.
- Communicate with warehouse personnel, the Purchasing department, and the Accounts Payable department.
- Rectify Accounts Payable issues.
- Inventory slot reconciliations.
- Check all aisles including floor and push-back rack for loose items and returns them to their correct location.
- Look for open or damaged wrapping and returns merchandise to the appropriate slot.
- Communicate with coworkers and managers to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Process and check outbound freight.
- Complete inventory audits.
- Perform basic housekeeping in both the warehouse and office areas when needed.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but not written or oral instructions.
- Self-starter - takes iniative
- Excellent communication skills