Credit and Collections Specialist
Credit | Philadelphia, PA | Full Time
Penn Jersey Paper Company is a fully integrated distributor of packaging, paper, janitorial chemicals, consumables, and equipment for various business types. PJP is committed to the distribution of quality products and services, while ensuring both growth and profitability for our organization. It is our philosophy to strive for customer service and distribution excellence, while maintaining traditional values; Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty, and Respect.
This position will maintain accounts that are given credit terms; monitors accounts to make sure they are in good credit standing; keeps the Controller and/or Supervisor informed on issues, problems, or concerns in the department regarding all aspects of credit and collections.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Review account information to determine if customer orders will be released for delivery based upon their credit limit, days outstanding and payment history.
- Review trial balance on accounts which are in a delinquent status.
- Contact delinquent customer accounts for payment; work with customer and manager to assist in a reasonable resolution of delinquency.
- Record all pertinent information regarding accounts in the database system for future referral.
- Research problem accounts in areas such as duplicate billings, returned items, and short payments, including pricing problems and damages.
- Interact with other departments in a professional and friendly manner.
- Other duties as assigned by the Controller and/or Supervisor, Credit & Collections.
- High school diploma required; Courses in Accounting/Finance preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in the field of commercial credit and collections.
- Must be skilled in verbal and written communication.
- Basic to Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word & Excel; proficient mail merge and Excel formula knowledge required.
- Tuition reimbursement, gym membership, 401k, comprehensive benefits package, wonderful corporate culture! We