Business Development Manager
Equipment & Sales | Philadelphia, PA | Full Time
Penn Jersey Paper Company is the leading wholesale distributor of restaurant and janitorial supplies in the Greater Philadelphia region. With a footprint stretching from New York City all the way down to Maryland Beaches, PJP provides excellent service and selection to a wide array of customers. From restaurants and supermarkets to hospitals and universities, we can get almost any business what they need to succeed.
PJP has been voted Top Places to Work in Philadelphia 8 years in a row!
Currently we’re looking for passionate, intelligent, driven and dynamic Business Development Manager, focusing on Smallwares and Tabletop. The Business Development Manager is responsible for working with the foodservice contract design team and sales personnel to increase sales in smallwares and tabletop product categories. The manager will create marketing to create unique selling platforms and generate dynamic marketing materials. The Manager will work closely with category management to maintain positive relationships with our vendor community.
This position will prospect, penetrate, and maintain business utilizing strategic and consultative selling tactics to maximize sales and profits of smallwares and tabletop products.
- Analyze business and customer trends; create and implement strategy and identify opportunities to support market growth
- Generate leads and secure new accounts
- Ascertain customer needs through observation and listening and recommend appropriate and innovative solutions
- Develop and maintain regular communication with key accounts
- Work collaboratively with sales management/teams to penetrate new and existing accounts with smallwares and tabletop
- Collaborate with design build consultants to penetrate accounts with smallwares and tabletop
- Develop and maintain margin maintenance standards for tabletop and smallwares categories
- Create unique selling tolls and marketing materials to increase PJP’s seller’s efficiency and effectiveness
- Meet with vendors to understand their product lines and initiatives. Collaborate on mutually beneficial ways to grow sales
- Reviews stock item offering and makes recommendations to category manager
- Request quotes from vendors, secure pricing protection and review quotes for accuracy
- Estimate and prepare formal quotations for opening orders
- Remain current on product knowledge through attendance of sales meetings, vendor trainings, reading industry related publications, and participating in industry related professional organizations
- Develops fiscal year sales budget with senior management
- Request samples from vendors as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hospitality Management
- 5+ years in translatable work experience
- Knowledge in foodservice tabletop and smallwares or capacity to learn quickly and apply acumen to this specific category
- Excellent presentation and selling skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Proven success in building long-term and growing relationships with customers, local chef organizations, manufacturers, vendors, and co-workers
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively with others and exhibit a customer service attitude always
- Ability to take initiative and strong sense of ownership
- Strong time management & organizational skills
- Strong math skills; ability to accurately calculate (order pricing, margins)
- Demonstrated success in Marketing, Business, Hotel/Restaurant Management - driven, hard-working and passionate!
- Amazing company culture, comprehensive benefits package, bonus program, tuition reimbursement, gym reimbursement and wellness program, 401k program.