Account Executive (Broadband Sales) K12/ E-rate
PEG Bandwidth Sales & Technology | Champaign, IL | Full Time
Seeking experienced Broadband Sales & Account Executives for the Central IL area.
PEG Bandwidth, is a nationwide provider of customized cell site backhaul networks, aggregates mission-critical Ethernet backhaul traffic across multiple, disparate fiber networks by leveraging existing fiber plant, where available, to construct last-mile fiber laterals to nearby sites and complementing that fiber reach with licensed microwave.
PEG Bandwidth delivers complex network solutions across broad geographies utilizing some combination of fiber and licensed, point-to-point microwave
Job Title: Business Broadband Sales Executive
PEG Bandwidth is the premier provider of cell site backhaul and wireless infrastructure solutions. We have leveraged those solutions to create an extremely unique fiber network. We are in the middle stages of buying and building over 13,000 route miles of fiber, much of it in rural areas. We would like to make this fiber available to businesses within our network footprint to help them connect their offices and buildings to remote locations and/or the Internet with high-speed connectivity. Businesses continue to be challenged by technology shifts, remote communications and ever-increasing speeds of Internet access. These challenges are even more significant in rural areas. And with Common Core Standards only a year away from implementation, we know school districts need more bandwidth to accommodate the educational technology that should be available to them. We will work with our neighboring school districts, primarily through the federally-funded E-rate program, to develop a broadband solution that best meets their local needs.
The Business Broadband Sales Executive will develop broadband selling opportunities within a large geographical area consisting of several lower-tier and rural markets around the PEG Bandwidth network footprint. The Sales Executive will be expected to develop business via existing relationships, live cold calls, trade show attendance, direct marketing and any other means necessary to achieve a to-be-defined monthly quota. The position will report to the Sr. Vice President of Sales & Marketing, but is subject to change at any time throughout your employment. The Sales Executive will be responsible for using their existing relationships in the business and educational markets to identify opportunities for PEG Bandwidth to sell our broadband services. The person will work closely with a Sales Engineer to design, price, propose, negotiate and close the best broadband solution for the customer. It is critical that this person bring established relationships into this role, along with a high degree of credibility among the business decision-makers, such as IT directors, district technology coordinators and/or superintendents in order to be successful. This person must also use their leadership and interpersonal skills to coordinate and ensure the timely development of proposals by working closely with a cross-functional team of network engineering, legal, finance and sales.
- Bring an established rolodex of business broadband decision-makers to the role in order to drive quick revenue opportunities to close
- Use technology, software/phone/email to contact and develop business broadband leads
- Maintain a list of contacts, sales opportunities, events to understand, and potentially share, your funnel with other team members
- Attend relevant trade shows and other marketing events to develop business opportunities
- Make face to face sales calls with broadband decision-makers for the purposes of selling broadband services
- Create and manage the timely and professional delivery of proposals to potential customers
- Create relationships with pertinent E-rate organizations within the State, such as Technology Coordinator groups, Superintendent groups, technology associations, State Dept of Education, Internet providers, etc
- Keep management up to date on opportunities and business inhibitors
- Spend days on the road in front of customers
- Be a passionate, hard-working, team player
- Anywhere in Illinois will work, but most of the opportunities will be in Tier 2, 3, 4 and rural markets throughout central Illinois.
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree minimum.
- Five years or more of demonstrated successful selling to the business and/or educational markets of the target geography.
- Candidates with experience as a technology coordinator, a superintendent or with another broadband provider will be prioritized.
- A combination of Education and Experience is acceptable.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledge of the broadband business market
- Basic knowledge of broadband and telecommunications
- Excellent people skills
- Notoriety and respect in the the business market amongst broadband decision-makers
- Good communication and writing skills
- Good computer skills including MS Office
- Passionate, hard-working, self-motivated
- Works well with deadlines
This person will work closely with a cross-functional team of employees in a fast-paced, driven environment. They will be interacting with customers/prospects and co-workers on a daily basis, often traveling to customer sites to develop interest, survey sites and present proposals. This travel, in addition to trade show events, will typically result in travel 2-3 days per week, with the remainder of the time focused on developing additional leads and finalizing proposals.
Based on experience, this position will consist of a salary and commission.