Grails Software Engineer
Development | Virtual | Full Time
Join the Subscription Generation!
PeakPortal has an exciting new opening for a Part-time Contract Grails Software Engineer.
PeakPortal is a provider of an omni-channel commerce experience platform for subscription based businesses. Our platform enables businesses to build, manage and optimize the revenue relationships with their customers.
PeakPortal's customers include Unwired Broadband, Boomtown CRM, nwea, PlurBox, and more.
We are looking for a grails software engineer who is well versed in open source technologies and comfortable all around the technology stack. The selected candidate will work in a small agile team to design, implement, deploy and support products and features for commercial customers. You will work in a fast paced environment where your opinion matters and you will be able to see the fruit of your work deployed to our customers on short release cycles. This position offers the ability to telework from the Southern California area.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience as an application developer or the educational equivalent
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Must be detail oriented and logical
- Strong communication and collaborative skills with other team members and departments
- Curious mind; has a passion for learning new technologies
- Able to think outside of the box to resolve issues and create solutions
- Development experience with open source MVC frameworks (Spring, Ruby on Rails, Grails (with Groovy))
- Knowledge and experience with NoSQL data stores
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
Not Required- But Is a Plus
- Strong skills in client side scripting languages
- Strong background in Web Services such as REST and SOAP
- Experience with D3.js or Angular.js is a major plus
- Experience with Relational Databases
- Experience with web servers
- Experience with Linux based servers
- Experience with translating business requirements into system functional and non-functional requirements
- Familiarity with SaaS
- Adaptable for a high growth environment with a positive, can-do attitude
Principals only- no third parties, please. PeakPortal Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.