Wordpress Content Executive
Development & Communications | Remote | Part Time and Volunteer
Peacebuilding Solutions (PS) is a humanitarian aid non-profit that offers a technologically and culturally sensitive approach to re-stabilize the livelihoods of people who have become refugees or internally displaced persons.
We conduct research to understand and outline the needs of people who have become refugees or internally displaced persons (IDPs) in order to provide the game-changing humanitarian aid that facilitates communities to rebuild and advance on their own terms.
The hole in our team we're wanting to fill:
PS needs a WordPress Content Executive who is excited to represent our organization and mission! This position is vital to our mission in reasons why it's vital. The position will be a telecommuting, part-time position which will allow with flexible hours and autonomous workflow on a volunteer, unpaid basis.
What you would do:
- Work for our Communications department as well as collaborating with other departments to manage the PS website and keep it updated, as needed, in terms of appearance, content and compatibility.
- Would be responsible for editing a blog post, downloading a new plugin and using editing conten
- Fixing links and pictures that aren't appearing properly, testing website for usability, testing different browsers for compatibility.
- Work with technology-challenged staff members in staying savvy on new systems or applications we may employ.
We'd love for you to apply if:
- You can commit to at least six months of volunteering
- You can dedicate some of your time every week to PS.
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You believe in the mission and what PS is all about!
- You have a degree and/or experience in Wordpress experience and in basic digital marketing. Non-profit experience is a plus!
- You are successfully self-motivated and able to work without excessive supervision.
- You have intermediate to proficient technology skills.
- Knowledge on or a willingness to learn about the United Nations and being multilingual are pluses.
- You have experience in server hosting (specifically Bluehost or Wordpress) as well as website builders.
- You pay attention to detail and accuracy, and are willing to both take and share constructive criticism.
Thank you for your time reading this post! Find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, & Instagram!
PS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.