Internal Application: Volunteer Research Statistician - Social Sciences (Unpaid)
Research | Remote | Volunteer
Peacebuilding Solutions (PS) is a humanitarian aid non-profit that offers a technologically and culturally sensitive approach to re-stabilize the livelihoods of people who have become refugees or internally displaced persons.
The Peacebuilding Solutions Research Department conducts research as a
foundational component to targeted intervention implementation and advocacy for
improved policies regarding refugees and internally-displaced persons (IDPs) globally.
The Research Statistician (Social Sciences) will be responsible for designing and
developing research methodology (quantitative and qualitative) including statistical
analysis plans, managing collected data, and analyzing national databases, global
databases, and original field research collected during PS Operations. Key topic
- Population Size and Distribution
- Income and Poverty
- Housing and Migration
Within this position, you will be offered the unique opportunity to:
- Enhance research that implements tailored interventions for refugees/IDPs globally
- Utilize research findings to advocate for improvements in national and international policy
- Manage and Design Surveys and Questionnaires
- Collect, Analyze, and Report Data
- Report findings on Global Platforms including International Presentations and Publications.
- Provide technical assistance on survey and population research techniques for refugees/IDPs.
Education background in mathematics or statistics with additional coursework in social
science-related courses. Statistics, Advanced Data Analysis, Research Methods, and
Quantitative and Qualitative coursework preferred. Examples of social-science related
coursework/experience include the fields of sociology, psychology, geography,
international relations, public policy, political science, social work, public health, or
social and behavioral science.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Commitment to humanitarian development field
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Experience with statistical analysis and relevant software (SAS, SPSS, Stata, R, NVivo,
- Atlas, etc.)
- Ability to analyze and summarize data efficiently and compellingly
- Independent worker and a team player
Thank you for your time reading this post! Find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, & Instagram!
PS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.