Internal Application: Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator (Unpaid)
Human Resources | Remote | Part Time and Volunteer
Peacebuilding Solutions (PS) is a humanitarian aid non-profit that offers a technologically and culturally sensitive approach to re-stabilize the livelihoods of people who have become refugees or internally displaced persons.
We conduct research to understand and outline the needs of people who have become refugees or internally displaced persons (IDPs) in order to provide the game-changing humanitarian aid that facilitates communities to rebuild and advance on their own terms.
The hole in our team we're wanting to fill:
PS needs a Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator who is excited to represent our organization and mission! This position is vital to our mission in reasons why it's vital. The position will be a telecommuting, part-time position which will allow with flexible hours and autonomous workflow on a volunteer, unpaid basis.
What you would do:
- Work for our Human Resource department as well as collaborating with other departments to coordinate volunteer recruitment.
- Conducts employment related research and assists recruitment team with electronic and other methods of sourcing of qualified candidates.
- Assists recruitment team with customized screening and initial contact of applicants to determine qualification and interest level.
- Refers appropriate candidates to recruiter and/or hiring supervisor.
- Provides support coordination of recruitment projects and related services to supervisors, hiring managers, recruitment team members, and others.
- Participates in and provides analytical support in design, development, and implementation of recruitment projects and programs.
- Represents and promotes organization to potential applicants by providing information, responding to questions, and collecting applicant data.
- Serves as resource for recruitment policies, procedures, and practices to supervisors, HR staff, and others. Refers to recruiters and other staff as appropriate.
- Handles and prioritizes multiple ranges of advanced administrative duties with wide latitude for independent judgment and initiative.
- Assists with identifying issues affecting recruitment and implementing recruitment activities to continuously improve process.
We'd love for you to apply if:
- You can commit to at least six months of volunteering
- You can dedicate some of your time every week to PS.
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You believe in the mission and what PS is all about!
- You have a degree and/or experience in Business Management or Human Resource Management. Relevant experienc or Non-profit experience is a plus!
- You are successfully self-motivated and able to work without excessive supervision.
- You have intermediate to proficient technology skills.
- Knowledge on or a willingness to learn about the United Nations and being multilingual are pluses.
- Recruiting and interviewing skills
- Online meeting platform skills
- Supports workplace diversity
- Professionalism, organization, and project management skills
Thank you for your time reading this post! Find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, & Instagram!
PS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.