Administration | Windsor, CA | Full Time
Experience the reward and fulfillment of making a difference while making a living…
PDI is Northern California's only specialized nonprofit surgical dental facility treating children under anesthesia who suffer from severe decay. Our mission is to maintain a sustainable dentistry resource for low income children while providing prevention education and promoting oral health in our communities.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Executive Director (ED) to build on PDI’s success and lead the organization into the next phase of its evolution. Reporting to the Board of Directors, this hands-on ED is responsible for all aspects of leadership, planning, programs, advocacy, funding, administration and evaluation for this small and critical fee-for- service and donor-funded nonprofit organization.
As Executive Director you will:
- Partner with the Board to establish and achieve strategic goals
- Develop and advocate for PDI programs, funding, and supportive legislation
- Partner with public health/government officials, policy makers, organizations and community leaders
- Represent and promote PDI at events, and to the public, community, and media
- Partner with the Director of Surgery Operations to ensure PDI meets established goals
- Oversee fundraising/development programs including oversight of development and events staff
- Oversee marketing, communication and public relations efforts
- Provide executive management of staff and administrative functions
- Manage the annual budget and maintain fiscal oversight
- Perform program evaluation and reporting
We offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits in a casual office setting near the Windsor Golf Course. Some night/weekend work required. Regular travel through Northern CA, monthly or quarterly travel to Sacramento, and annual travel to Washington D.C. is required. Some remote work is possible but an onsite presence is required. We will consider full-time and 32-hour schedules for this position.
The qualified candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Public Health/Admin, NPA or related field; MBA/MHA/MPH strongly preferred
- Prior ED and management experience in a comparable and related environment
- Experience and skill in strategic planning, and board relations/development/governance
- Prior fiscal responsibility for $5M+ non-profit; fee-for-service and donor-funded experience preferred
- Successful experience tracking and developing strategy for legislative policy and regulatory changes
- Advanced knowledge of CA health care policy and legislative/funding processes at fed/state/local levels
- Advanced knowledge of health access, quality management, population health, public health & insurance and health information management
- Successful development experience including events, donor relations, grant writing and campaigns
- Experience hiring, coaching and retaining high-performing, senior-level professional staff and subordinates
- Successful experience developing and sustaining collaborative relationships
- Working knowledge of accounting, HR, contracts & risk management practices
If you meet these requirements, resonate with our mission, and have a strong desire to work in an organization that fills a critical need in the community, we’d like to hear from you! Please apply using the link provided and include a cover letter.