Operations | San Jose, CA
JetPens is an online retailer, specializing in high-end pens & other writing instruments. We have been featured in Wired, New York Times, CNBC, and Daring Fireball.
We’re looking for a seasoned operations leader who is interested in joining a small team and making a big impact. You will lead the day-to-day activities of our order fulfillment, customer service, and supply chain.
- Develop and analyze Key Performance Indicators to measure costs, productivity, and customer satisfaction.
- Create standardized policies and procedures. Drive change in processes to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Manage picking and packing processes to ensure quality and consistency in order deliveries. Create Standard Operating Procedures for fulfillment tasks, and oversee procurement of supplies including negotiating rates with vendors.
- Oversee inbound shipment receiving processes and reconciliation of shipments to invoices.
- Monitor and analyze uncertainties in our supply chain and work with the purchasing team to resolve issues.
- Ensure warehouse and facilities are clean and well organized, including improvements to warehouse layout when necessary.
- Manage the customer service team and resolve escalated issues. Standardize customer service policies and procedures.
- Oversee returns processing and monitor potential fraud and credit card activity.
- Drive and coordinate bi-weekly new production introductions.
- Engage and motivate team members, determine capacity and staffing needs, and direct recruitment and termination of personnel. Mentor and develop managers and high-potential individual contributors.
- Communicate team needs and customer feedback to senior management. Communicate business requirements and software tool improvements to IT.
- 4+ years of management experience
- Data-driven and results-driven problem solver
- Must have a customer-service mindset
- Strong people management skills and judgment
- Exceptional process management ability
- BS/BA degree required
- Exceptional analytical skills and extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to manage multiple tasks / projects and consistently meet deadlines for deliverables
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary: Competitive
- Benefits: Health, Dental, LTD, AD&D, Life Insurance, Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k) Retirement Plan with 4% Company Match, Paid Time Off
- Additional Perks: Employee Purchase Discounts, Company Parties, Free Snacks & Coffee