SEO Lead, Analyst I Team
SEO | Santa Rosa, CA | Full Time
This position initially will be remote. Candidate must reside in California or New York.
Job Summary and Overview
The SEO Team Lead is responsible for serving as the primary point of contact for assigned SEO Tier 1 (Basic) clients and providing direction, supervision, coaching and mentoring to SEO Analyst I Team Members. The incumbent will oversee the work of 2 – 5 SEO Analyst I Team Members and will partner with Senior Staff (Manager/Director) to provide input on hiring, performance evaluations, and opportunities for growth.
The SEO Team Lead is responsible for the strategy for and success of SEO campaigns for assigned Tier 1 clients by performing research and analytics on campaign effectiveness; developing and executing successful cross-functional marketing strategies designed to solve a problem for target audience and increase new patient acquisition numbers; providing excellent customer service and building strong working relationships with clients; mitigating client attrition ; and assisting the Manager/Director with interviewing candidates and mentoring/training/supervising current team.
The SEO Team Lead will tap into honed technical expertise to provide clients with search engine optimization and user experience insight as well as organizational, multi-tasking, and delegation abilities. This is a fast-paced role with a high client load; however, the support is in place to enable the team to provide exceptional SEO expertise and service to clients.
While you will be responsible for campaign outcomes, you will have a team who will support the accomplishment of those tasks. The Account Management Team will provide support with onboarding of new clients, off-page optimization, communication with clients as requested, scheduling calls, and more. The SEO Analyst I Team will pick up workorders as created by you to accomplish tasks such as submitting sitemaps, performing grammar/spelling checks, and adding/removing staff bios. More experienced SEO Analyst I Team members may also provide support with SSL Updates, keyword research, reoptimizing headers, and navigation reorganization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Client Relationship Management: Serve as primary point of contact for assigned Tier 1 clients.
- Build strong working relationships and trust with clients - lasting relationships with clients is at the core value of how we do business at PBHS.
- Implement successful client retention strategies and approaches to your daily work.
- Analyze and Identify gaps in website content, On-page SEO optimization to improve search results, creating effective calls to action, building links, performing keyword research and implementing best practices for metadata, and other activities to increase website traffic and patient conversion.
- Analyze website, social media, and ecommerce pages to determine visibility and ranking and then implement strategies for improvement.
- Responsible for creating and managing project plans and timelines to deliver effective and timely SEO campaigns for assigned clients
- Update/reorganize/change website content to increase customer utility and improve search engine visibility and ranking.
- Work closely with clients to develop in-depth content strategies, competitive analysis, keyword research, and SERPs analysis.
- Utilize Google Analytics and other platforms such as SEM Rush and AWR.
- Drive organic traffic to client’s site and increase new patient acquisition.
- Optimize pages for desktop, tablet, and mobile use.
- Keep up to date with new trends and best SEO practices
- Provide Manager/Director with weekly status updates and reports as it relates to assigned clients and direct reports
- Cross-Functional Partnership: Take a holistic marketing approach by partnering with cross-functional teams (PPC, Content, Design, Social, etc.) and making suggestions to clients about other potential channels that may contribute to the success and effectiveness of a campaign.
- Oversee the work of 2 – 5 SEO Analyst I team members, including coaching, mentoring, performance feedback, and goal setting.
- Oversee work orders and tasks being performed by SEO Analyst I Team Members and SEO Account Managers to ensure accuracy and timeliness of completion.
- With Manager/Director, participate in the hiring process, including interviewing, training, and onboarding of SEO Analyst I Team Members.
- With Director/Manager, provide Performance feedback via Trakstar, our performance management system, and in person performance discussions.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Able to quickly understand and support SEO initiatives that drive successful campaigns and client goal achievement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills which enables Analyst to build trust and communicate complex information in a way that is easy to understand.
- Affinity for anticipating and meeting your client’s needs without having to be asked.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism regardless of situation or audience.
- Highly skilled using Google Analytics and ability to measure the effectiveness of strategy (rankings, traffic, conversions) and make decisions based on data.
- Solid understanding of marketing – including social media – and comfort level with making suggestions to clients about other potential channels that can be utilized during a campaign.
- Passionate about staying “in-the-know” on SEO trends.’
- Naturally inclined to self-manage/motivate by pragmatically setting and achieving goals.
- Commitment to honesty/ethics, punctuality, attendance, client success, innovation, teamwork, and professionalism is required.
- Willingness to contribute to the success of the company, department, co-workers, and self.
- Motivation and drive to do a job well and operate with a sense of urgency.
- Proven experience building and driving SEO strategies across various dental and medical specialties.
- Previous experience helping clients outperform their competitors, achieving top keyword rankings, and acquiring new patients.
- Ability to measure the effectiveness of strategy (rankings, traffic, conversions) and make decisions based on data.
- Strong conflict resolution: ability to diffuse high intensity situations while remaining calm, professional, and respectful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely organized and consistently able to meet deadlines.
- Deep understanding of the Dental industry and the clients we serve.
- 3 + years’ hands-on SEO experience with content strategy, website design U/I and Google Analytics, social media, and analytics.
- Previous supervisory experience a plus.
- Google Analytics and Adwords Certification highly desired.
- Previous agency experience in dental or other healthcare field helpful.
- Experience with hiring, training, mentoring, coaching and supervising team.