SEO Analyst Position
SEO | Santa Rosa, CA | Full Time
PBHS is looking for an experienced SEO Analyst to join our team of SEO experts. If you have an interest in marketing, experience with on page search engine optimization (SEO), knowledge of social media marketing, excellent client relations skills, and a desire to learn more about the dental and medical industries, we encourage you to read on.
This position may be remote initially; however, regular on-site attendance at our Santa Rosa, CA office location will be required after SIP has been lifted. Only candidates who live in Northern California currently will be considered for this position.
Summary of Responsibilities
The SEO Analyst is responsible for helping dental and medical clients acquire new patients, increase website visibility, and maximize brand exposure. In this role, you will spend your day-to-day creating marketing strategies that drive continued growth for PBHS’ SEO clients by researching and developing keyword strategies, performing website audits, implementing metadata best practices, performing competitive analysis for clients, generating campaign effectiveness reports, and consulting with clients by phone and email. If you have a genuine interest in SEO and are obsessed with providing the highest level of customer service to your clients, you could do quite well in this role.
The SEO group is a very collaborative team where learning from each other is encouraged. Due to the ever-changing SEO landscape, we hold weekly SEO meetings and trainings to help you sharpen your SEO skills, covering everything from the latest Google algorithm updates to working as a team to brainstorm creative ideas for struggling campaigns.
Primary Tools you’ll use as an SEO Analyst
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Screaming Frog
- AWR – Advanced Web Ranking
- Browsers via computer and mobile device
- Outlook and full MS Office Suite
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary point of contact for assigned Tier 3 clients.
- Responsible for ensuring clients' online procedures and content can be found and viewed by potential and existing customers.
- Understand specific challenges of client and needs of target audience.
- Build strong working relationships and trust with clients - lasting relationships with clients is at the core value of how we do business at PBHS.
- Implement successful client retention strategies and approaches to your daily work.
- Execute marketing strategies designed to solve a problem(s) for target audience.
- Gather data about the client’s websites, blogs, social media, and e-commerce webpages to determine visibility and ranking.
- Update/reorganize/change website content to increase customer utility and improve search engine visibility and ranking.
- Drive organic traffic to client’s site and increase new patient acquisition.
- Work closely with clients to develop in-depth content strategies, competitive analysis, keyword research, and SERPs analysis.
- Take a holistic marketing approach by partnering with cross-functional teams (PPC, Content, Design, Social, etc.) and making suggestions to clients about other potential channels that may contribute to the success and effectiveness of a campaign.
- Utilize Google Analytics and other platforms such as SEM Rush and AWR.
- Assist Director with training and mentoring other SEO analysts.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comfort level with heavy phone work, including proactively updating clients on the performance of their campaigns and offering strategic recommendations.
- Solid experience using Google Analytics and other platforms such as SEM Rush and AWR.
- Able to quickly understand and support SEO initiatives that drive successful campaigns and client goal achievement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills which enables Analyst to build trust and communicate complex information in a way that is easy to understand.
- Affinity for anticipating and meeting your client’s needs without having to be asked.
- When questions or challenges present themselves, you don’t sweat it for a second. You’re extremely comfortable interfacing with clients and driving the conversation that aligns with our core client goal: helping our clients acquire new patients.
- You maintain a high level of professionalism regardless of situation or audience.
- Highly skilled using Google Analytics and ability to measure the effectiveness of strategy (rankings, traffic, conversions) and make decisions based on data.
- Solid understanding of marketing – including social media – and comfort level with making suggestions to clients about other potential channels that can be utilized during a campaign.
- Passionate about staying “in-the-know” on SEO trends.’
- Naturally inclined to self-manage/motivate by pragmatically setting and achieving goals.
- Commitment to honesty/ethics, punctuality, attendance, client success, innovation, teamwork, and professionalism is required.
- Willingness to contribute to the success of the company, department, co-workers, and self.
- Motivation and drive to do a job well and operate with a sense of urgency.
- Proven experience building and driving SEO strategies across various dental and medical specialties.
- Previous experience helping clients outperform their competitors, achieving top keyword rankings, and acquiring new patients.
- Strong conflict resolution; ability to diffuse high intensity situations while remaining calm, professional, and respectful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely organized and consistently able to meet deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of HTML, CSS and WordPress.
- Savvy with Microsoft Office.
- Thorough understanding of search engine optimization best practices.
- 3 + years’ hands-on SEO experience with content strategy, website design U/I and Google Analytics. Prior client relationship management/customer service required.
- Google Analytics and Adwords Certification highly desired.
PBHS, Inc. is an expert digital marketing agency and website design firm located in Santa Rosa, California. We provide a full-suite of cutting-edge marketing products and services to the dental and medical communities with a purpose to spark growth, improve efficiency, and bring client vision to life.
We are passionate about the industry and are on the cutting edge of technology and marketing effectiveness. We possess a commitment to customer centricity and industry leadership - values that have been embedded in our culture for more than 30 years.
PBHS is exclusively endorsed by the ADA Member Advantage and more than 20 state and national societies. We believe our success is due to the dedicated, hardworking, committed team members who make up the PBHS team.
PBHS offers its employees medical, dental and vision benefits; Life & ADD; Employee Assistance Program (EAP); paid vacation and sick time; 401k with employer safe harbor contribution; and annual bonus potential. Employees also enjoy casual dress and the option of an early start time.
When we ask PBHS employees why they like working here, we often hear they enjoy the casual dress, early start time options, healthy snacks, as well as the friendships they’ve developed with their coworkers. Others enjoy our activities such as summer BBQ, holiday party, and acknowledgement of their work anniversary with a special offsite lunch. The majority of our employees have been with PBHS for 5+ years, with many hitting their 10, 15, 20-year mark. We're also within walking distance from the SmartTrain station.
We believe our success is due to the dedicated, hardworking, committed team members who make up the PBHS team. Are you ready to join our team and share our success?
PBHS is an equal opportunity employer.