Insurance Underwriting Assistant
Sales | Miami, FL | Full Time
We are seeking a motivated individual to assist the Head Underwriter to join our Underwriting team. A self- managing independent thinker with strong communication and problem-solving skills. This role works closely with our members and the Underwriting department to become well versed with underwriting guidelines, policies and procedures. Healthcare or insurance experience preferred. Insurance underwriting service assistants provide support for health underwriters. The underwriting assistant collects all necessary information for the insurance underwriter to use to determine if insurance can be provided to an individual or organization.
- Under the direction and supervision of the Head Underwriter, reviews applications for accuracy and completeness
- Ability to utilize automated systems in the industry
- Reviews and processes requests for policy changes
- Responds to emails and phone calls with accurate and clear information
- Informs policyholders of any information requested ensuring HIPAA compliance guidelines are being followed via telephone and emails.
- Able to adapt to innovative procedures within the company.
Competencies and Skills:
- Time Managements
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizational Skills
- Strong command of the English language
- Clear and articulate communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs
- Problem Solving/ Analysis
- Ethical Conduct
- Bilingual English/Spanish- French is a plus
We are a service-based company with a full-featured software suite for the healthcare industry from scratch. We’re an innovative company creating a unique experience for healthcare professionals. Our technology stack consists of an extremely rich. Out in our enterprise we have some workflow, BI, and enterprise warehousing and reporting components all communicating securely via Web Services.