Virtual Event Specialist
Account Management | Remote, OR | Contract
Pathable's virtual event platform allows conferences and events to be held online, including education, networking and tradeshow. We are seeking an experienced, nimble and creative CMP event planner to join our team as a contract Event Specialist.
This is a contract-to-hire role (if all goes well), and truly requires the expertise of a thoughtful and partnership-minded event planner. This role will be hourly to begin with, with you playing a pivotal role in partnering with our sales team as they work with prospects.
With this shift to virtual events that may last for the foreseeable future, our clients are looking for an event planner to plan all of the virtual event logistics from A-Z. Pathable's platform plays a large part in that, and we need a planner on-staff to partner with sales to understand client goals/objectives, logistical elements they'd envisioned for an in-person event and make suggestions on what they could still bring to life in a virtual event.
Should that event sell, you would also be contracted to plan and execute that event, partnering closely with your Pathable Happiness Manager, as well as any other relevant logistical partners to build memorable, show-stopping virtual and hybrid events.
We are a software company, which means you should be adept and comfortable with computers, the Internet and the modern way of doing things: you know when to right-click in your browser, you use formulas in Excel, you Zoom, you can tell me why you prefer your mobile device to the one that you don’t have. You know the difference between a text message and a push notification, you check your e-mail somewhat obsessively and you know that sometimes, work has to be done at 1 AM because it has to be done at 1 AM.
You are willing to bring your ideas, thoughts, processes and best practices to help us build out this arm of our business.
- Consultative, event logistic sales conversations to help sales convert prospects to clients
- Event planning, design and production while managing all project delivery elements within time limits
- Liaise with clients to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction
- Organize facilities and manage all event’s logistical details (virtual and hybrid events)
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
- Specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day(s)
- Provide thoughtful and deliberate client and internal debriefs
- 3+ years of corporate event / conference planning experience
- Portfolio of previously managed events
- College degree
- Sales and client skills with ability to build productive business relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Perks, Salary and Benefits:
- Work from home (forever, not just during COVID crisis)
- Initial onboarding will be part-time / hourly, but we anticipate this growing to a full-time, salaried role as business grows (and you can have a hand in making that happen through sales efforts)
- Compensation based on experience
- Fun team, happy people, growing company