Event Support Tech Lead
Client Services | Washington, DC | Full Time
Pathable provides a "virtual event platform", allowing conferences and trade shows to operate entirely online. Our clients are the producers of these conferences and trade shows.
We are a 100% remote company, so you are expected to work from home or a quiet, professional location of your choice. We have clients and offices throughout the world, but the majority of our clients are US-based, so we are primarily hiring people who will work roughly East Coast US working hours.
The event support tech lead provides technical support to the Tier 1 and Client Happiness support teams, serving as an escalation path for when things get difficult. The Support Tech Lead loves to be the person with the answers. They have an in-depth understanding of the technological underpinnings of the Pathable platform, and feel comfortable "talking tech" with clients.
As part of the application please:
- Create a short (5 minute max) video of yourself walking us through your code for a single page website you've created.
- Please visit this page, and briefly list the top three (3) things you find wrong with the page.
- Answer internal product questions for Support and Sales, in Slack
- Consult with prospects and clients about APIs, A/V or other technical needs via video
- Address bug tickets from Support or Sales and escalate to the development team as needed
- Collect feature request submissions and work with development to address them
- Provide Tier 2 ticket support through Zendesk
- Mentor promising support staff to identify new internal Tech Lead candidates and improve Support capabilities
- Identify trending issues and determine possible automation solutions and/or articulate to the development team
- Create documentation for ESS (Event Support Specialist) and Tech Lead team for common Tier 2 requests as needed
- 3+ years experience in IT operations (software preferred)
- Software development and website analytics experience
- Proven experience in customer-touch activities including sales, customer service, or support
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to learn on a steep learning curve
- Experience with a template website creation platform (CMS)
- Ability to convey technical information to a general audience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bonus (not required)
- A CS or other technical degree from a four-year college or university
- Experience in the Event Tech Industry
- Expert-level user of Slack, TargetProcess, and Github
Who We’re Looking For:
- Professionals with solid skills and solid principles
- People who know the web like an old friend
- People who thrive on problem-solving and figuring things out
- Someone other people want to work with (organized, helpful, easy-going, and friendly)
What’s In It for You:
- Full-time salary from $60,000 depending on experience
- Participation in our company-sponsored health insurance plan
- Unlimited (Responsible) PTO
- Pet friendly work environment
- Joie de vivre