Event Support Specialist
Client Services | Washington, DC | Full Time
Pathable provides a "virtual event platform", allowing conferences and trade shows to operate entirely online. Our clients are the producers of these conferences and trade shows.
We are a 100% remote company, so you are expected to work from home or a quiet, professional location of your choice.
An Event Support Specialist is the equivalent of "on site" support for a conference or tradeshow. In the "in person" world, you would be helping out at the registration desk, getting lapel mics to speakers, and ensuring that exhibitors have everything they need for their booths. Because this is a virtual / online event, most of that doesn't apply, but the same principles hold: you're helping out in whatever ways necessary to ensure a successful event.
An Event Support Specialist enjoys the excitement and nervousness that surround a live event and excels in projecting a calm, focused professional demeanor via email, phone and video.
Note: as part of the job application, please upload a short (5 minute max) video of yourself describing a time where you had to help someone work through a technical obstacle and what systems were you using.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide high-response client support via email, phone and video during events, for up to 8 hours. This assistance can take different forms, depending on the needs of the client:
- Receiving and addressing technical questions/concerns from client via email, phone and video
- Opening Zoom sessions prior to sessions and assisting speakers with their "tech check"
- Manage expectations and communications with the client or internal staff
- Available to work some weekends
- 1+ years as an administrator or other customer-facing role at a SaaS platform
- Foundation in customer service basics: a reassuring, unflappable attitude will take you far!
- Strong empathy for the client and desire to solve the problems they may face
- Superior communication and demonstration skills (verbal and written)
- English fluency, both written and spoken
- Ability to convey technical information to a general audience
- Ability to learn on a steep learning curve
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Reliable Internet access and a reliable computer
- Comfort and facility with modern computers, the Internet, and the web lifestyle
Bonus (Not Required)
- Experience in providing high-touch customer relationship services (e.g., support, sales)
- Experience in event management or production, or media production
- Experience with Zendesk or similar CRM tools
- Experience supporting Zoom, Skype, Vimeo or other video tools
Our Culture Rewards:
- Professionals with solid skills and solid principles
- People who know the web like an old friend
- People who thrive on problem-solving and figuring things out
- Someone other people want to work with (organized, helpful, easy-going, and friendly)
- People who are highly responsible and self-motivated, and slightly overboard on attention to detail
What’s In It for You:
- Part-time $25/hr
- Pet friendly work environment
- Joie de vivre