Event Support Specialist -- 100% Remote
Client Services | Remote, All US Time Zones, NC | Part Time and Contract
Pathable is a virtual, hybrid, and in-person event platform provider. We are seeking to expand our team of Event Support Specialists.
This is a project-based, part-time position, with hours based on our clients' needs. One week might have 40 hours of work, others might have none, and everything in between.
- Train speakers for upcoming events: how to log in to their platform and how to present virtually via remote meetings
- Provide Tier 1 tech support for event hosts and attendees via phone, chat, and/or video chat during their event
- Virtually "emcee" webinars by introducing speakers, managing presentations, and/or moderating Q&A
- Mandatory 1-3 years experience in the professional events industry (event planner, travel director, etc). Applicants without events experience will not be considered.
- Moderate technical savvy -- we'll train you on our platform, but it's a fully-remote job.
- Foundation in customer service basics: a reassuring, unflappable attitude will take you far!
- Working in Eastern, Central, Mountain, or Pacific time zone
- English fluency, both written and spoken
- Reliable Internet access
- Available to work weekends
- This position is a contracted hourly position at $25 USD/hr. Employees will be provided with a 1099 at the end of the year.
- Number of hours you'll work will vary by your availability and the event's needs but individual days will not exceed 8 consecutive hours.
Record a five-minute video on Zoom and attach it to this application.In this video, please use both video and audio. In this video, please do both of the following two tasks:
- Describe a time when you were working at an event and a crisis/problem occurred. What was your role at the event, what did you do to solve the problem, and what was the end result?
- Teach us how do to a simple task on a piece of software that you already know and love. Use the screenshare feature in Zoom while you narrate the instructions. An example would be how to save a document, send an email, etc.
- Upload your file to a hosting service (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc) and provide the link as part of your application. Please ensure that we have sufficient permission to view it!
- A resume is not required, nor desired. If there's any additional detail you think we should know about your talents and experience, please include that in the cover letter section.
Please note that the video attachment is mandatory. By attaching the requested video, you are demonstrating a number of the skills that are crucial to success in this position.
Pathable is an equal opportunity employer, and strives to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We encourage applications from candidates who are historically underrepresented in tech.