European Client Happiness Manager
Client Services | London, England, United Kingdom | Full Time
Pathable is a SaaS company with a platform that delivers mobile apps and websites for tradeshows, conferences and conventions. We are a small, purely remote company: everyone works from their home office. We make heavy use of Slack, Zoom and other team collaboration tools to create a healthy team environment.
While this is a remote-work position, we are specifically looking for candidates who live in the UK or Western Europe, as the goal is to service our European and APAC clients.
As a Client Happiness Manager, you are the partner and guide for our clients. You’ll master our provisioning and deployment dashboard, you’ll be sweet-talking the important details out of the harried and over-worked event planners that are our customers, preparing and launching the sites, and then providing “best practices” nudges and hand-holding to help them get the most out of the on-line community you built for them. When something goes wrong and a customer calls, hot under the collar, you’re imperturbable. When they finish talking to you, they’re thinking “whew, that’s one less thing I need to worry about!”
We are a software company, which means you should be adept and comfortable with computers, the Internet and the modern way of doing things: you know when to right-click in your browser, you use formulas in Excel, you can tell me why you prefer your mobile device to the one that you don’t have. You know the difference between a text message and a push notification, you check your e-mail somewhat obsessively and you know that sometimes, work has to be done at 1 AM because it has to be done at 1 AM.
You are fun to work with and when a client is difficult to work with, you know how to get your zen on.
While not a requirement, candidates with sales background will get extra consideration, as we would like the option of making this a split sales / support role.
Essential Job Functions
- Provision, configure and deploy Pathable apps and websites for our customers using our web-based management dashboard
- Educate conference planners and other customers on the use of the community tools using the phone, e-mail and GoToMeeting / web conferencing
- Provide Tier 1 support to conference planners and attendees on the use of the community service, by phone and e-mail
- Cool hot tempers, amuse the amusable
- Ensure our customers meet their goals successfully and with a minimum of hassle
- Provide integrity and credibility as the “main point of contact” for your customers
- Provide input and insights into how to make the process more effective or more efficient
- Proven success in customer relations
- Grace under pressure
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, instinct to figure out “how to do it” when faced with a “it can’t be done”
- Proven ability to successfully communicate company goals and vision to customers and prospects
- Comfort and facility with modern computers, the Internet, and the web lifestyle
- Superior communication and demonstration skills (verbal and written)
- Self-motivated professional who operates well in an empowered, dynamic, and fast-paced environment
- Creative and strategic thinking skills to help introduce, develop and promote new ideas into corporate vision, marketing strategy and programs
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines with minimal staff support
- Strong organization, planning and execution skills with an emphasis on successful delivery against established goals.
Desired but not required
- College degree
- Fluency in French, Spanish and/or German
- Have attended professional conferences and tradeshows
- 2+ years in the conference and event industry in a customer-touch position (including sales, customer service, or support)
- Experience in the technology field, and in particular, experience in translating technical products and services into meaningful value for customers and prospects
- Fluency with HTML and CSS
- Starting salary from $45K - $55K depending on experience
- Stock options
- Commute down the hall in your pajamas
- Joie de vivre