Client Happiness Manager
Client Services | Washington, DC | Full Time
Pathable provides a "virtual event platform", allowing conferences and trade shows to operate entirely online. Our clients are the producers of these conferences and trade shows.
We are a 100% remote company, so you are expected to work from home or a quiet, professional location of your choice. We have clients and offices throughout the world, but the majority of our clients are US-based, so we are primarily hiring people who will work roughly East Coast US working hours.
The Client Happiness Manager works hand-in-hand with the event planner client, learning their goals, advising them on the best use of the platform, assisting them in configuring it and helping them throughout the build and execution process to ensure a successful virtual event. When something goes wrong, they're quick to jump in and help problem solve.
This position requires the intelligence, design and creativity of an event planner, the technical acumen of a software support engineer, and the nerve-calming ability of a pediatric nurse.
Note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to upload a short (5 minute max) video of yourself teaching someone how to do something. You can choose from the following list or choose your own:
- How to load a Pez dispenser
- How to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich
- How to use an umbrella
- Provision, configure and deploy Pathable virtual event websites for our customers using our web-based management dashboard
- Educate conference planners and other customers on the use of the platform using the phone, e-mail and Zoom / web conferencing
- Ensure our customers meet their goals successfully and with a minimum of hassle
- Provide integrity and credibility as the “main point of contact” for customers, relative to their events
- Escalate and track issues, submit bug reports to development team,
- 2+ years in the conference and event industry in a customer-touch position (including sales, customer service, or support) OR 2+ years as an administrator or other customer-facing role at a SaaS platform.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to learn on a steep learning curve
- Experience with a template website creation platform
- Ability to convey technical information to a general audience
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with basic HTML, software deployment and website analytics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self -motivated professional who operates well in an empowered, dynamic, and fast-paced environment
- Highly organized with strong planning and execution skills
- Positive “can do” attitude
Bonus (not required)
- College degree
- Experience in the technology field, and in particular, experience in translating technical products and services into meaningful value for customers and prospects -- if you have experience in the Pathable platform, please mention this in your application.
- Experience working remotely
Who We’re Looking For:
- Professionals with solid skills and solid principles
- People who know the web like an old friend
- People who thrive on problem-solving and figuring things out
- Someone other people want to work with (organized, helpful, easy-going, and friendly)
What’s In It for You:
- Starting salary from $45K - $55K depending on experience
- Participation in our company-sponsored health insurance plan
- Unlimited (Responsible) PTO
- Stock options
- Pet friendly work environment
- Joie de vivre