IT | San Francisco, Ca | Full Time
The Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy (PICI) is an unprecedented collaboration between the country’s leading immunologists and cancer centers, including Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Stanford Medicine, the University of California, Los Angeles, the University of California San Francisco, the University of Pennsylvania, and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, with the mission of making cancer a curable disease. The Parker Institute network also includes more than 40 industry and nonprofit partners, more than 60 labs and more than 300 of the nation’s top researchers focused on treating the deadliest cancers. The Institute was created through a $250 million grant from The Parker Foundation.
The Parker Institute is committed to bringing the most cutting edge technologies to immunotherapy research. At the Institute, we aim to help our centers work together to lead larger, multi-site clinical trials. For each multi-site trial, we will collect samples for deep immune profiling data on patients.
Overview of the Role
The Systems Engineer combines deep technical IT expertise with business acumen to drive the execution and lead support for business-critical IT systems and platforms. The position will be responsible for managing the IT infrastructure and providing End User Support.
Essential Job Functions
- Assess and deploy corporate IT systems and policies as needed
- Implement and drive strategic and tactical Corporate IT improvements such as collaboration software tools, documentation versioning software & repository, standard operating procedures etc.
- Work with the ED of Technology to build, evaluate and deploy Big Data systems and approaches for applications in cancer research
- Ensure proper coverage during established business hours and on-call support as required
- Calibrate technology solutions to industry standards and incorporate opportunities arising from emerging technologies
- Interface with 3rd party IT service, software, and hardware companies in support of business-critical systems
- Use metrics to manage the overall environment and drive continuous improvement to effectively assess and report quality of service with business leaders and clients.
- Build standard boot images, applications and deployment tools for corporate laptops (Windows and Mac)
- Maintain Windows and Linux servers for corporate and research applications
- Develops IT SOPs in support of IT Standards, regulatory requirements, and best practices
- Create and maintain all technical documentation supporting IT Operations
- Isolates problem trends and ensures that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent solutions are found
- Provides leadership by projecting a positive attitude, stays calm under pressure, and demonstrates approachability
- Ability to manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced highly technical environment
- Remains available during off-peak hours to respond to support service issues
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the ED of Technology
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelors degree in CS or equivalent experience
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Work experience in IT infrastructure, which includes but is not limited to:
- Planning & development
- VoIP telecommunications infrastructure
- Windows 2012 Server including Active Directory
- SaaS vendors (BOX, SmartSheet, LucidChart, OKTA, and others)
- Virtualization (VMWare)
- Cloud based environments (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Strong technical and working knowledge of the following:
- Network, PC and Mac operating systems, network hardware, protocols, standards, and telecommunications.
- Microsoft Servers, storage configurations, and backup methodologies.
- AD, LDAP , DNS, DHCP , NTP , PXE
- Process and procedure oriented
- Experience with Unix based environments preferred
- Experience with a scripting language preferred
- Prior experience in IT systems management preferred
- Prior experience in Healthcare or Life Science Settings preferred
- Prior experience in a startup type environment preferred