Internal Application: Recruiter
Human Resources | San Francisco, Ca | Full Time and Part Time
The Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy (“PICI” or the “Parker Institute”) is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to accelerate the development of immunological cures for cancer through innovative science, advanced technologies and new modes of research collaboration. The Institute is based in San Francisco, California and officially launched in April 2016.
To achieve its mission, PICI has established significant new cancer immunology research centers at six of the top cancer research and treatment institutions in the country (Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Stanford Medicine, the University of California, Los Angeles, the University of California, San Francisco, the University of Pennsylvania and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center), and will organize and support a portfolio of advanced, collaborative research efforts across this consortium.
Overview of the Role
PICI is a young organization and still building our brand. We will look to the recruiter to continue to create our highly skilled and qualified team with high caliber candidates and give the utmost attention necessary to each candidate coming through our hiring process, ensuring our strong reputation continues to grow.
The recruiter is responsible for crafting custom outreach emails and building a rich external talent pipeline directly linked to crucial roles/critical skills given from the Hiring Manager as well as ensuring successful conversion of talent pipeline prospects into active candidates and then hires.
This position has the option to be a contract or internal role, in a full time or part time capacity.
Reporting Structure and Team
The Recruiter reports to the VP of Business Operations, works closely with the Director of HR, and will be a key member of the Business Operations department.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage the recruiting process end-to-end including outreach, scheduling, phone interviews and onsite interviews, ensuring all standards are met or exceeded
- Build strong relationships with PICI Leadership to understand the business and sell the PICI story to passive, external talent
- Deliver a positive, consistent candidate experience through all candidate touch points to enhance PICI’s brand
- Take a "project lead" approach in every recruiting situation, discuss the recruiting strategy with the hiring manager and provide weekly feedback to ensure the search stays on track
- Build knowledge and provide insight into external talent presence to determine the best approach to engage the Bay Area’s top talent
- Maintain the process status in PICI’s Applicant Tracking System - JobScore by always ensuring system accuracy as a basis for solid weekly pipeline reporting
- Evaluate current hiring process and introduce best-practices to streamline and enhance the overall candidate experience
- Partner with HR to coordinate all processes around the compensation package preparation, the definition of the employment details as well as the offer letters
- Work with senior leaders to strategize on recruiting initiatives, understand trends, provide competitive intelligence, and ensure headcount alignment
- Develop strategy for sourcing ‘passive’ candidates by utilizing all available tools, including company website, social media, job boards, employee referrals, and recruiting tools.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years experience working as a full cycle recruiter carrying candidates from end to end, ideally in a a pharma, biotech or academia industry
- At least 2 years of recruiting experience within the Pharmaceutical, Academia or Healthcare biotech industry
- Strong demonstrated knowledge & execution of recruiting strategies and ability to manage and prioritize multiple searches and projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of defined target groups and labor market expertise
- Project management, organizational and multi-tasking skills with strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of common budgeting practices and general time/effort allotments is preferred
- Has comfort in ambiguity along with the ability to implement critical thinking skills and strong reasoning