Project Manager / Sr. Project Manager
Clinical Development | San Francisco, Ca | Full Time
The Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy (PICI) is radically changing the way cancer research is done. Founded in 2016 through a $250 million gift from Silicon Valley entrepreneur and philanthropist Sean Parker, the San Francisco-based nonprofit is an unprecedented collaboration between the country’s leading immunotherapy researchers and cancer centers, including Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Stanford Medicine, the University of California, Los Angeles, the University of California, San Francisco, the University of Pennsylvania and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. The institute also supports top researchers at other institutions, including City of Hope, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Institute for Systems Biology and Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis.
By forging alliances with academic, industry and nonprofit partners, PICI makes big bets on bold research to fulfill its mission: to accelerate the development of breakthrough immune therapies to turn all cancers into curable diseases.
Help us create a world that doesn’t fear cancer. Join us. www.parkerici.org
Overview of the Role
The Project Manager / Sr. Project Manager (PM) is responsible for partnering with the Senior Director, Program Management to coordinate and support collaborative projects across PICI by assisting in the planning and execution of projects from initiation through completion, including timelines, contracts, budgets and milestone tracking. The PM / Sr. PM assists in coordination of cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the project while adhering to budget, scope and schedule requirements, also serving as an in-house project consultant for evaluating project and resource needs. The PM / Sr. PM may build tools and help define processes for internal project use to support project needs, as well as to support external project collaborations. The PM will support a full range of projects, with an emphasis on clinical projects.
Reporting Structure and Team
The Project Manager / Sr. Project Manager reports to the Senior Director, Program Management and works collaboratively with project teams. This role is currently remote and will be required to be in the SF office fulltime post COVID.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Essential Job Functions
- Provide comprehensive support to the assigned projects, in partnership with the Senior Director, Program Management and functional area team members.
- Assist in developing and managing project timelines and resource estimates (FTEs and budgets).
- Schedule and facilitate meetings using GSuite, including the use of video conferencing tools such as Zoom.
- Coordinate both small and large internal and external meetings, conference calls and video conferences including maintaining timelines, agendas, meeting minutes and action item follow-up.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the clinical, regulatory, scientific, and other teams as directed.
- In collaboration with members of the finance department, manage project budget and resource demand planning, tracking and monitoring
- Handle confidential and proprietary information with utmost discretion.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as they arise.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- This position requires min of 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience in project management: Preference given to candidates with Clinical /Pharmaceutical drug development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills, including meticulous attention to detail and ability to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively across multiple departments
- Highly adaptable and able to function in an evolving organization to implement process and procedures
- Proficiency in project planning & tracking tools, including Smartsheet, Office Timeline and Lucidchart as well as team communication tools such as Slack