Director, Human Resources
Human Resources | San Francisco, Ca | Full Time and Part Time
Overview of the Role
The Director of HR is a highly visible individual who will drive the strategic decision-making process by owning staff programs, efficiently deploying resources to constantly innovate and achieve goals and hold him/herself and others accountable to a rigorous performance standard. This position requires a professional with a background in personnel management and advocacy. PICI currently employs approximately 50 individuals, and the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing every aspect of their employment needs. Additional responsibilities include ensuring all professionals, from executives on down, are in compliance with federal, state, and in-house regulatory requirements and procedures.
Reporting Structure and Team
The Director, Human Resources reports to the VP, Business Operations and is a key member of the Business Operations team.
Essential Job Functions
- Represent and drive the PICI culture, aligning staff programs with the mission and core values. Actively promote the mission and core values in employee messaging.
- Plan and execute employee development and recognition activities.
- Create and implement employee relations policies to ensure employees’ job satisfaction and consistency
- Devise a list of procedures and practices for hiring new employees and managing PICI staff.
- Establish an orientation procedure for onboarding new hires and training them to meet the needs of the company.
- Partnering with the HR Manager, communicate with employees about compensation, benefits and other facets of their employment.
- Be creative and resourceful to assure effective utilization of HRIS system, on-/off-boarding, new employee orientation, benefits and compensation.
- Implement, administer, communicate employee benefit programs including, but not limited to, disability, life, dental, and medical insurance.
- Ensure compliance with state/federal/local laws with regard to benefits, training, and compensation.
- Provide consultation to management regarding disciplinary action and terminations. Provide interoffice conflict mediation.
- Administer workplace reasonable accommodations and leave of absences.
- Oversee the performance evaluation process, ensuring employee development plans are prioritized, followed by the employee and supported by the supervisor.
- Maintain the employee handbook, revising and updating as needed. ? Also listed in Leticia’s job duties
- Working with the VP Business Operations and the Communications team, devise and execute an internal communication strategy
- Oversee recruitment efforts, interfacing with in-house and external recruiters (who should supervise recruiter?)
- Be organized, consistent, reliable, and accountable
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or other related field preferred; SHRM/PHR certifications a plus. 8+ years of Human Resources experience.
- Healthcare services non-profit experience preferred.
- Strong employee relation skills and prior experience managing/supervising personnel. Great interpersonal communication skills and adept at conflict resolution.
- Experience using MS Office suite and Payroll/HRIS systems (ADP).
- Able to balance competing priorities and maintain composure while working in high pressure and changing circumstances.
- Strong knowledge & experience in principles and practices of modern HR administration; an innovator who blends best practice with new concepts to continually raise the bar.
- Ability to assess and translate business strategies and workforce implications, and identify relevant solutions.
- Strong knowledge of talent analytics, organizational design and development principles, strategic planning and change management methodologies.
- A proven collaborative track record, encouraging the best in employees.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to create effective, deep and successful working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Strong assessor of talent and able to coach for development, with exceptional consultative and facilitation skills and ability to influence senior leaders.