Technical Project Manager/Business Analyst
Software Development | Remote in Arlington, VA | Full Time
Pantheon - a fast growing, Web technology firm is in the market for an exceptional technical project manager/business analyst.
For us, this means someone who:
- Dislikes projects where box checking and order taking are the norm.
- Our projects demand—and our clients expect—project managers who are curious, are problem solvers and critical thinkers, and are able to serve as a “consultant” instead of just another “contractor”.
- If this describes you, tell us how and give us examples of how you’ve helped a client (internal or external) use technology to operationalize their mission instead of just doing what you were told.
- Understands project management principles and processes but is not blinded by them. We believe that Agile is a mindset, not a methodology. We’re interested in your ability to adapt a process or an approach to the unique needs of a client or project.
- Can serve as the Rosetta Stone between developers and clients. Pantheon’s project managers are expected to write clear and succinct user stories that provide our development team with the context and specifications they need to build a great application, while providing our clients with understandable project documentation they can approve.
Desired Skills and Experience
The following skills are required:
- Understand all aspects of creating technical solutions for a software project including logic, user experience, data, DevOps, QA, and documentation. Be able to facilitate and lead a cross-functional team that comprises all these areas of expertise.
- A broad knowledge of web technologies, how they are used, and what lies ahead.
- Client management skills including managing expectations, risk, scope, budget, resources, and communications. Facilitate presentations and discussions with clients around all these topics.
- Ability to manage and run Agile projects. Demonstrated experience leading a team performing iterative development and delivery.
- Ability to lead Discovery sessions with clients to elicit requirements. Perform demonstrations to clients of completed work.
- Ability to create concise, plain language documentation of requirements to be understood by both technical and business stakeholders.
- Proficiency with Office 365.
- Worked with Jira for task and requirements management.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience, with at least 3 years of business analysis or software consulting experience
The following skills are a plus:
- Web Application Development experience
- Business Intelligence experience
- Graduate Degree in Business or Technology from an accredited University
The primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Lead interaction with multiple clients to shape and develop software business strategy, requirements, design, and specifications.
- Analyze technical issues and blocking factors to design and document solutions
- Convey client requirements and context to engineering staff
- Manage resources against a schedule accommodating risk, status, and necessary dependencies with an agile approach
- Run Scrum ceremonies such as Daily standups, Backlog grooming, Sprint planning, and Sprint retrospectives
- Manage budget
- Proactively identify and manage project risks
- Track and proactively report on project status and risks to internal management and to clients
- Manage project backlog.
- Provide periodic written and verbal status updates
- Effectively manage client expectations with regards to budget, scope, and timing
Pantheon proudly serves nonprofit, association, commercial and government clients in the health care, education and social impact markets. Pantheon was founded in 1994 as an online consulting company and, over time, we’ve earned a reputation for our strategic, flexible approach and our passion for finding online technology solutions that are best for our clients. While some technology companies merely address a client’s technical needs, we address technology as it relates to a client’s mission and goals.
Along with our technology expertise, we bring to the table a deep knowledge of our clients’ industries. This is knowledge we’ve gained over years of work within the healthcare, education and social impact industries. It’s one of the characteristics that sets us apart from other technology firms, and one that our clients value the most.
We believe in hiring extremely smart people, giving them aggressive goals, and then getting out of their way so they can achieve those goals. You will work hard, but you will be supported, and you will be compensated and appreciated for your work.