Senior DevOps Engineer
IT Operations | Arlington, VA | Full Time
Pantheon—a fast-growing, technology firm —is seeking a qualified DevOps Engineer to join our engineering team.
At Pantheon, we take pride in designing and implementing well thought out technology solutions that enable our clients to accomplish their core mission! We partner with our clients (Government, commercial, and non-profit) to develop a deep understanding of their business goals and their customers’ needs; from there, we conceive and implement core technology solutions that have a demonstrable impact on their strategic goals and the lives of their customers.
At Pantheon, we lead with empathy – that includes empathy not only for our clients and their customers, but empathy also for our team members and their unique needs. We believe that if we take care of our people, our people will take care of our clients.
Are you passionate about technology? Would you like to use the latest cloud computing technologies to create and deliver innovative solutions for our clients? If so, we want you on our team!
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be implementing, maintaining, and scaling hybrid cloud infrastructure in a modern containerized environment. This position will place you in roles where you have the opportunity to make an impact on the results of our project. You not only are empowered to solve problems daily, but it is also the expectation. The DevOps team offers a collaborative mentoring environment where you have the opportunity to learn from or lead others.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Implement automation, effective monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code
- Deploy and maintain both legacy and modern applications on the AWS and Azure cloud platforms.
- Drive modernization of legacy applications, tools, and systems.
- Analyze and troubleshoot problems with servers, network, storage, and other cloud services.
- Implement and monitor security controls to stay compliant with the security policy.
- Deploy and maintain CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments
- Work with project teams to set up infrastructure in support of project timelines and project deliverables.
- Participate/lead in key DevOps process improvements.
The following skills are required:
- Authorized to work in the US
- Experience with Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Orchestration using Ansible and Terraform
- 3 years of experience with AWS or Azure
- Experience with Application Performance Monitoring tools like New Relic
Who you are:
- You are detail-oriented
- You enjoy working in a team environment
- You thrive in a fast-paced project
- You are able to balance the demands of multiple projects concurrently
- You like new challenges and learning new technologies.