Drupal Developer (Contractor)
Software Development | Remote in Arlington, VA | Contract
Pantheon is looking for a talented and experienced Drupal Developer, proficient in both back-end and front-end development, to join our rapidly growing team in Arlington, VA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the delivery of multiple large-sized, high-value client projects while mentoring junior team members.
- Develop amazing web content in custom PHP, WordPress, Drupal and similar systems.
- Ideally you will be able to script a build environment once and reuse it as applicable on different projects.
- Support content migration from legacy CMS systems.
- Work closely with other engineers and user interface designers to identify fast and creative solutions.
- Optimize pages for cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility.
- Implement fully responsive designs.
- Correct any issues with CSS and troubleshoot for potential bugs.
- Create fast & efficient code.
- A communication pro - must be able to pleasantly explain technical issues to a non-technical person. (we are always in contact with stakeholders).
- Highly attentive to details, able to cross all the t's and dot all the i's and help others do the same.
- 6+ years’ experience with PHP, Modern Backend Framework (CakePHP, etc.), Modern Front End Framework (jQuery, Angular, etc.), HTML5, MSSQL & CSS.
- Must be intimate with Drupal, WordPress, and CMS similar systems.
- Must have Strong LAMP stack skills.
- Strength with jQuery and other frameworks, Bootstrap, Foundation.
- Experience with NoSQL is preferred.
- MySQL and other database systems is preferred.
- Familiarity with 508 compliance is preferred.
- Familiarity with DevOps and automated deployments is preferred.
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code is preferred.
Who you are:
- You must be eager to research and learn in a self-directed way (always improving).
- There is direct project oversight, but you are expected to take ownership of your work and your projects, establish deadlines, and communicate progress proactively.
- You are a team player
- You must be able to comprehend highly-advanced forms of sarcasm.
We solve problems by building great software. Period. Pantheon is a software company with a lot of wonderful, thoughtful, intelligent, and creative software developers. We are always on the lookout for good smart people, so if you are a rock star, we want to talk to you.Pantheon is a different kind of company. We partner with our clients to develop a deep understanding of their businesses; from there, we conceive and implement core online technology solutions that can have a demonstrable impact on their strategic goals. We combine our deep technical knowledge and experience with an understanding of how companies work, their key challenges, and how technology can enable solutions rather than cause additional problems or headaches. You will be the driving force in the relationships with our clients and in the development of innovative solutions.We operate at the intersection of liberal arts and technology. We use technology and innovation to solve problems. We want software developers who aspire to the ideals of the renaissance. If you consider yourself an artist who can build and operate meaningful software, then let’s talk. We work hard, but we also have fun doing it. We regularly have team events such as movies during the workday, scavenger hunts, professional sporting events, and more.