Senior Software Development Engineer
software research and engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
Senior Software Development Engineer
The Advanced Development area of theSystems Science Lab has an opening for a senior software development engineer. Youwill need to solve hard problems through programming in C++, but may also workin other object-oriented languages like Java and C#. Create architectures,designs, and develop C++ programs and libraries as part of both product,advanced development, and research projects.
Responsibilities include thefollowing:
• Understanding of full softwaredevelopment life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through tocoding, deployment and maintenance.
• Enjoy solving complex problems andappreciate the scope and impact of your work
• Understand that our work is highlyvisible, which makes our teams highly accountable
• Design robust, maintainablehigh-performance code with automated tests
• Write clear, modular, maintainablecode that runs on many platforms
Required Skills & Experience:
• A minimum of 5+ years of hands-onC++ professional work experience.
• Object-oriented programming proficiency
• Experience with C++ template programming, Boost libraries
• Experience with web front endtechnology for website development
• Solid development practices,attention to detail, design and quality
• The ability to write modern,testable and maintainable code
• Knowledge of continuous integrationand automated testing
• The ability to appreciate and useabstractions
• A desire to learn new technologiesand concepts
• Ability to manage and aggressivelypush projects
• Communication, writing and organizational skills
Nice to Have Experience:
• Linux/Unix experience
• Familiarity with high volume, highavailability distributed systems
• Knowledge of operating systemfundamentals
• Thorough knowledge of design patterns
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K. PARC also strives for the best possible work-life balance, so employees benefit from maternity, paternity and adoption leave, as well as a variety of flexible working options. PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities (see http://www.parc.com/about/culture.html). PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers/).
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
PARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with PARC should contact PARC Human Resources.