Senior Software Development Engineer
IoT New Venture | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
The Advanced Software Development team at PARC has an opening for a senior software development engineer with a strong background in full stack development. You will create architectures, designs, and develop cloud application as part of both product and research projects.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Understanding of full software development life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding, deployment and maintenance.
• Design robust, maintainable high-performance algorithms with automated tests
• Write clear, modular code that runs on multiple platforms
Required Skills & Experience:
• Strong understanding of cloud platform (Azure, AWS) and architectures (serverless lambda)
• Background on container technologies (docker, kubernetes)
• Experience with web front end technology for website development (React, Angular)
• Experience with NoSQL databases, time series databases
• A minimum of 5+ years of hands-on professional work experience
• Object-oriented programming proficiency, especially python
• Solid development practices, attention to detail, design and quality
• The ability to write modern, testable and maintainable code
• The ability to appreciate and use abstractions
• A desire to learn new technologies and concepts
• Communication, writing and organizational skills
Nice to Have Experience:
• Linux/Unix experience
• Familiarity with high volume, high availability distributed systems
• Knowledge of design patterns
• Knowledge of continuous integration and automated testing
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K. PARC also strives for the best possible work-life balance, so employees benefit from maternity, paternity and adoption leave, as well as a variety of flexible working options. PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities (see http://www.parc.com/about/culture.html). PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers/).
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
PARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with PARC should contact PARC Human Resources.