business and operations | Webster, NY | Full Time
As part of a team, continuously develop, maintain, and enhance PARC security.
About the position
The Palo Alto Research Center (PARC) is looking for a top-tier candidate to work as part of our Computing & Network Services team in support of PARC's multidisciplinary, innovative research activities. This position offers you the chance to take the lead in continuously improving PARC's Security infrastructure, using your skills and initiative to bring in new technologies, and enabling research on them. You'll have the chance to work with incredibly talented engineers and researchers and by supporting them, contribute to cutting-edge science, striving for large-scale breakthroughs. If you have a strong commitment to technical excellence and teamwork, this position could be just right for you.
- Select, implement, and maintain tools that enhance PARC’s security.
- Identify, contain, and remediate threats across multiple platforms (Windows, Unix / Linux, Apple, Android, …).
- Provide configuration support for Windows, Unix / Linux, Apple, Android, and other platforms enabling Secure client and server operations.
- Administer software, scripts, and other workflow automation improving security administration.
- Provide tier III security support to client support, server administration, and research staffs.
- Administer policies and practices for security operations including disaster recovery, metrics gathering, system analysis, and compliance reporting.
- A degree in computer science or a related technical field
- Experience Securing network systems, clients, servers, and services
- Experience selecting, installing, and supporting Security tools; McAfee EPO, AV, Encryption, SIEM
- Operating system experience including: VMware, Windows, Linux, OS X , iOS, Android
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, presentation) and organizational skills
- Demonstrated success in project planning and management
- CISSP desired
Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S.
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
PARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox should contact PARC Human Resources.